The Manchester to Chester Bike Ride - Sun 23rd June

We're now on over 100 riders, but still a long way off our target participation figures!

We’re hoping to hit the 600 mark by the day itself! If you are looking for a great way to spend a sunny summer afternoon, The Manchester to Chester Bike Ride will certainly tick that box!

What’s more you’ll be taking part to raise funds for a fantastic cause.

KidsCan are the only charity specifically set up to research cures and treatments for children’s cancers.
As we receive no statutory funding, sponsorship raised from events such as this is vital to the continued success of our research.

For more information on the science currently being undertaken at KidsCan, please visit our website – www.kidscan.org.uk

Hope to see you at the ride!

Hi everyone!

With just over a month to go we're almost at 200 riders!
Hopefully if the weather gives us a good June, we should hit the 500 mark the closer we get to the day of the ride!

If you haven't signed up yet there's still time to do so, plus it means we have enough time to get your sponsorship materials out to you.

Did you know people can text to sponsor you? We can make you a unique text code for your fundraising!

Just got home from a very well earned post-ride curry!

Great day out on a great route with some cracking views and lovely leafy sections. Just wanted to say a big thanks to all the cheery marshals and course-signers and congratulations to everyone who made the effort, top work! Especially as the headwind in the last eight miles was one of the worst I've ever battled into, truly a gritty finish.

Also the furthest I've ever ridden in a day (Mayhem notwithstanding) at 64.4miles (the extra 11 is for a direction arrow that had succumbed to the battering gales :cry: ) :cool:

If anyone is feeling generous, or waiting to see if I made it - how very dare you - I'm sure it's not too late to chip in a few coppers... ;)
http://www.justgiving.com/Pete-Shelley

Well recommended for your 2014 calendars :D

Hats off to you riding in that weather!
More than earned your gingerbread man at the end!

Thank you so much for taking part in aid of KidsCan.
Nothing from the registration fee from the ride comes to the charity as it's all needed for the organisation, so anything you raise is a fantastic boost for the charity and our vital research into childhood cancer treatments.

Thanks again!

Back