The lightest bars in the early 90s

so taking heed of advice from some of you; my scenario is that I’ve swapped to Magura brakes and XT thumb shifters; the bars on my Kona Explosif have been cut so short that I can’t get the new set up back into them. The bars are called Kona 165, so I imagine they are 165 grams. They feel light enough to me in their chopped down state so anything just below 165grams considered I guess 😊

What's your current cut down length.

A nice set of Zoom or Uno (basically Kalloy/HL/other name of people who made most bars under many brands and OEM) will be great.

Or anything made frome Easton EA50 or EA70 if going posh.

A set of Ritchey ForceLite's are the mid range do anything bars. Go Pro... if you're a tart/weenie (I'd go pro ;-))

What's your current cut down length.

A nice set of Zoom or Uno (basically Kalloy/HL/other name of people who made most bars under many brands and OEM) will be great.

Or anything made frome Easton EA50 or EA70 if going posh.

A set of Ritchey ForceLite's are the mid range do anything bars. Go Pro... if you're a tart/weenie (I'd go pro ;-))
Cut down length is a shaving under 50cm

I had a set of Bontrager titec 118 titanium bars that I rode for many years without any problem.
Eventually sold them after I moved over to road bikes.
Same, no issues with mine either, fitted as standard on my 94 Explosif, and still being used.

Back