THE FULL PROFLEXTHESIS - Parts 1/2/3A/3B

Catalogue THE FULL PROFLEXTHESIS - Parts 1/2/3A/3B

Hi KennyDTCC,
Just read your PROFLEXTHESIS and was very impressed with your research, well done!
I question what you mean in the section:
"The 1998 Catalogue ...............................across the range for 1998 were: 957, Animal, 857, Beast, Beast GDT, 757, 657 Reptile,
Attack, (XPS and XPX not sold UK). These were offered for a wide international sale (including Ultra Sport UK as
distributors)."
i.e. "(XPS and XPX not sold UK)"
, I own the XP-X which was the 1998 prize from Ultra Sport UK in a competition they ran.
They were actively selling them in the UK in 1998 for £1349.
I don't know what you mean by an "XPS"; other models of "X-WORKS" bikes (as logo'd on downtube) were the XP-6 (£1099) and XP-8 (£1599) (which was strange as the XP-X was a better spec, but I guess that they just did a good deal on them as usually £1649!)

I can provide more info if you are interested in the X-Works bikes.

oh yeah and p.s. I own a 1998 4000se (special equipment) I've never heard of a 1998 4000le...........

Cheers!
Colin S.

Hi KennyDTCC,
Just read your PROFLEXTHESIS and was very impressed with your research, well done!
I question what you mean in the section:
"The 1998 Catalogue ...............................across the range for 1998 were: 957, Animal, 857, Beast, Beast GDT, 757, 657 Reptile,
Attack, (XPS and XPX not sold UK). These were offered for a wide international sale (including Ultra Sport UK as
distributors)."
i.e. "(XPS and XPX not sold UK)"
, I own the XP-X which was the 1998 prize from Ultra Sport UK in a competition they ran.
They were actively selling them in the UK in 1998 for £1349.
I don't know what you mean by an "XPS"; other models of "X-WORKS" bikes (as logo'd on downtube) were the XP-6 (£1099) and XP-8 (£1599) (which was strange as the XP-X was a better spec, but I guess that they just did a good deal on them as usually £1649!)

I can provide more info if you are interested in the X-Works bikes.

oh yeah and p.s. I own a 1998 4000se (special equipment) I've never heard of a 1998 4000le...........

Cheers!
Colin S.
Hi Colin,
Yes thanks for 'my understanding' of Proflex and later (last) K2 versions. It took about 5 years to put together and I've had some differences from papers and comments from 'experts'... and that means there might be 'typos' in my Proflexthesis document.....

And that's about 'XPS and XPX'. ...... My first info had them (XPS and XPX) 'offered for a wide international sale (including Ultra Sport UK as
distributors)',
but was not first shown on my copy of the 1998 Ultra Sport UK 'Price List Sheet' (as I first wrote the conflict). I do now have an another pink 1998 Ultra Sport UK 'Price List Sheet' and I've updated my Proflexthesis (hopefully I'll get Retrobike to change the Archive one).

On 4000's - there is a mass of them with bikes in UK beyond the 1998 Ultra Sport UK 'Price List Sheet and 'specials by local bike sellers. The 4000LE was listed with a front KSmart. The 4000SE (was USA listed) with a rear KSmart. By 1999 K2 opened a range the 'last of Proflex' there was also '4000-Grip, 4000, 4000SE - Grip and 4000 RS (with and without KSmarts)......

Any pic's of your bikes are useful to add into the 'getting bigger file'..............

Many Thanks - there might be other 'little things'..............Kenny

Back