The Footballers Move In..

Re:

Always admired his work rate.

Pal of mine was staying in lodges at Aviemore a while back and his sons were playing with some other bairns out front in the morning, and the next door lodge parent joined in. Ally McCoist, one of my favourite ever players. He was apparently totally down to earth and great with the kids.

What we found amusing was the local players do indeed earn bugger all relatively, but they still drive cars that I would love to be able to afford. They also seem to have a little of the spirit I would imagine was there in the old days when it was not all about the money, if that makes sense?

Over and above salaries they have a lot of fingers in a lot of pies too, so I am sure they are managing to put food on the table, and collars on their chihuahuas.

To be honest we were just delighted the folks moving in were not the people who built the house, they were total asshats and luckily ran out of money before finishing it!

This John Collins of Rangers...?

John-Collins.jpg

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":3o871y03 said:
Over and above salaries they have a lot of fingers in a lot of pies too, so I am sure they are managing to put food on the table, and collars on their chihuahuas.
History is littered with financial failures away from the pitch. Gambling, coke and cars, dodgy agents, failed investments, property deals and pubs. Gary O'Connor, Colin Hendry, Lee Hendrie, David James spring straight off my head, there are countless more.

Particularly in Scotland you'd genuinely be better off as a plumber. Similar money and a much longer time to earn it.

Last time I checked Wayne Rooney Ltd. had £8m in cash though, so some keep a hold of it.

Re:

High paid athletes are famous for overspending their money-in the words of George Best--" I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars-the rest I just squandered". :)

Back