The ever elusive stop plate for Mavics FREE

Any update on this project ? I know someone with an original stop plate who is willing to loan it as a template. We were fondling it this evening and it feels like Ti .. non magnetic too.

Hi again Everyone :) "Really in the wars right now, and I've got my back to the wall, .... funny how fast life can change". This post is not dead my friends, just shelved, probably until after xmas / new year now .... SORRY everyone.

As for the example stop plate, "Jim sent me 1 and it has made all the difference, without it (in hindsight) making these would have been easy only on paper". I'm looking at a slightly different approach to how I'm going to do them, so that they are "universal".

I've had my eye on all things Mavic Rear Mech since this post, and althought the rear mechs look very similar at a glance, they attach in different ways. I'm an engineer, so I'll get my head round it 1 way or tother :)

Incase I don't get a chance to get back in here in the next 4 weeks, "All the best to everyone, have a great xmas & new year, and remember that although sometimes life can be testing, it'll never be as testing as when the weather changes when you're only half way through a long ride and want to give in :)

Cyclists are survivors, they have to be :) Roll on 2012, London2Paris, Mavic stop plates, more bikes, more smiles :) Yours Laz.

Laz is ill. I maybe able to get something done if there is enough interest and I am provided with enough information I'll see what I can do.

drawings were mentioned before or a spare one would be good.

Tel":2fkjam28 said:
drawings were mentioned before or a spare one would be good.
I sent mine to Laz. If you're in touch with him, perhaps he could forward it to you. I could do with it back sooner or later!

Guys I'm afraid I won't be able to offer these up for free as I do not have the skills or facilities that Laz has, best I can do is offer them at cost. Unfortunately I have not heard from Laz for a long while now. I will write him a letter and ask if he could send me the sample washer.

I must say I am surprised at the demand of these, Mavic rear mechs are not all that common....

Latest posts

Back