the daily mule now with added KICK

Ola friendly retrobikers, I've just got back from a quick loop and it's definitely different. I'm thinking about front and rear racks, think more MonsterShopper than MonsterCrosser......... Can someone help as there also looks to be a small nut collar and cover missing from the front mount on the beam but it still works.
Doh.. :facepalm:

Re: the daily mule now with added KICK (pg 2 photo's)

Quick update for the ALLSOP SOFTRIDE lovers out there.....
So the Mule's had it's first proper town and country outing, slightly muddy and not too rough but just enough to test the beam and stem combo.
Sorry no pics of my sunny jaunt it's just a local short loop, probably no more than 10 miles of shitty roads, muddy finds and teastops on the way. The ride went something like this... boioioioioiiiiinnnniningggggg...... in constant comfort with only a few worrying creaks and wobbles. No seriously once you put your weight on it it's amazingish, it smooths out all but the worst of the filth that I have to ride daily round here anyway. It's taking a while to get my head around trusting the beam as it has developed a small creak but nothing too worrying, just got to shift the beam forward a bit I think. It all works surprisingly well now it's tight with only the top plastic cap missing. Now sporting matching Blackwall Michelin wildgrippers on sun BFR hope front lx rear,the shifting on the stx rc is a bit twitchy after years of love. This really is retro and I love it to bits.
Riding it like it's 1991
DrJo

Re:

Think I could do with one of them there ALLSOPs for commuting over all the speed bumps and moon-like craters along London's road - the old coccyx takes quite a battering along the way...

only one I know of... best frankenbike ever...

Attachments

• WP_20150627_001crp.jpg
    WP_20150627_001crp.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 1,048
  • WP_20150627_003crp.jpg
    WP_20150627_003crp.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 1,048
  • WP_20150627_004crp.jpg
    WP_20150627_004crp.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 1,047
  • WP_20150627_005crp.jpg
    WP_20150627_005crp.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,048
Re: the daily mule now with added KICK (pg 2 photo's)

It feels a lot like riding on drops if anyone wonders why the front set up. The stem needs to be loaded to perform, you need the extra leverage to get the plush out of it. If anyone ever wants a go you only have to ask.

idea for your next step up the bicycle evolutionary ladder (maybe) ...

IcelandBicycle-1023x677.jpg

Back