The Big RetroBike Le Mans Adventure 2011

this came up in conversation down the pub tonight, is there any more info? as in mainly a date as i don't know when this is?

quite keen but being a shift worker it can be hard to sort time off out and i have already looked at the OWMTBC11 dates and i need most of my time off for the year for that trip.

i already have a ticket for the circuit, but camping is yet to be arranged.

itll be my first year, and happy to meet a few RB's and share a biere ou deux.

The ACO have made a right old mess of camping this year. Tickets for the best sites (Maison Blanche, Houx, Houx Annex, Bleu Sud) are like hens teeth and it looks like the ACO have sold them all to ticket agencies. Even long term ACO members are having to make do with inferior sites.

I should have confirmation of a block of 5 Maison Blanche passes on Monday. Four are taken already. PM me before lunch tomorrow if you are interested.

On a better note, it looks like French Legend Henri Pescarolo will be back at Le Sarthe next year.

A few years back he sold his team to some local business man and stayed on as team principal. The relationship soured amidst rumours of financial mismanagement and Henri describing his new bosses as 'gangsters'.
Sadly the receivers moved in last year and wound the company down. Le Mans wasn't the same last year without the blue and green 'Pescas' tocheer on.

Last week the liquidators held an auction at the factory ( in the Technoparc just across from the circuit). The cars, trucks, spares, everything was up for grabs.
The auction was late starting, and it transpired that two gentlemen, one the owner of nearby rival team Oak Racing and another guy from Rennes had done a deal with the reciever and had purchased the company and all holdings lock, stock and barrel.

A solicitor was then hastily summoned and the company papers and keys to the factory were handed over to a shocked and very emotional Henri Pescarolo as a gift. It is now wholy owned by Henri again.

The spirit of Le Mans is a very powerful thing indeed!

That's cool :cool: The playstaion cars are one of my stronger memories from my first years :cool:

Almost fell over HP a few years ago at the back of the circuit - I couldn't believe he was just walking around without being mithered to death :shock: :D

WD :D

Henri is incredibly friendly and aproachable. Most years we have a good half hour chat at least. His passion for motor racing is so strong even after all these years. He is also refreshingly honest and doesn't do 'PR' crap- a spade is a spade with Henri.
It is easy to see why the French adore him so.

Back