Terry Dolan 853 bike split, campag carbon record 10,neutrons

Status
Not open for further replies.

formallykenster

Dirt Disciple
It is with a heavy heart I'm selling this. Currently as a complete bike. it's stunning machine but it's not getting ridden and desires much better. It is a one off machine that I have lovingly built to a very high spec. Many of the parts were either new, nos or very little used. I have included 3 albums one of the current and two other of the original build. I mention this as I think the best pictures are in the first album and show the true colours off best.
I will take the bike into LBS next week and get it professionally stripped (correct tools!)

FRAMESET NOW ON EBAY
Terry dolan 853 frame and Columbus minimal full carbon forks (loads of steerer left). Plus Campagnolo record 1 inch headset. The folks were new and are superb the headset was nos and I think I have a spare bearing race. Frame description as above top 853 Reynolds steel. All in all lovely and like to keep.
I don't think FRAMESET NOW ON EBAY is unreasonable (unless people think otherwise). I looked into some modern steel frame and imho they aren't a scratch on the quality of this.

Full Campagnolo 10 speed carbon groupset. The shifters were bought brand new from lbs as were the titanium brake set nos. The rear and front mech are in great shape the rear has a few marks on the metal but looks amazing when fitted and not noticeable. Chain set is compact 50/36 with little used rings. Record/super record bb ultra torque bottom bracket, 10 speed chain Chain - I think record if not KMC I can confirm later.
Cassette - is a veloce (sorry) but works great and ultimately is a replaceable item. 13-29
Not sure what the asking price is but in great condition with near new parts timeless group that i'll almost certainly not have again :(
£595 plus postage again if miles out let me know.

Wheelset is Campagnolo Neutron - hardly used new when fitted to the bike great bombproof reliable wheels and light. I'm informed they are basically record hubs and can believe it given their purr £250 postage on top

Look carbon keo blade pedals great knick £40 - £44 posted

Seat post carbon record 27.2mm still available online at £99.99!
Seen them on ebay going for £70
Asking £ 50 - £55 posted

Think that's it any question please ask I'll try to respond as quickly as possible bearing in mind my weekend. I will happily post and will be insured will need to discuss the wheels and frameset. I have just sold my Reynolds carbons and will hopefully be getting glowing feedback for them from mark. I am genuinely gutted to be selling and will only sell things honestly and that I would be happy to receive thanks jon

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/mbybs38wieqi ... sMEXDtSXxa (as is today)

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/vwcdc4dh8c7y ... dOawUD1Waa

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/7aoniwi7jqmh ... rbqB_LWMea (first build best frame pics).

Thanks dave
other bits now reduced still awaiting a decision on the groupset
wheels now £230
Frame and forks (including headset) £400
Carbon keo £40 posted
thanks jon

thanks Pete I'm surprised no one has shown more interest. Maybe the price but I honestly think it's very reasonable with the spec and condition. hey ho sadly off in bits :( The other thing I've learnt from selling my Harry Hall in the past after lovingly built it is that some smuck bought it on ebay and then stripped it and sold it separately even using my lines to sell it! Therefore not getting to precious it's only a bike at the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back