Temple Newsam- revisited ~ AFTERMATH.

longun":22ovbvzq said:
feckin ace ride, great company, sweet bikes and loadsa mud and speed.....at times lol

chips were good, fish was excellent, and i sold some tat. i rek in summer.......we could loop this with the old un marc....

cheers for everyone and especially marc for guiding, supporting and showing us some hidden treats.

ta

Exactly what I was going to say! Thanks again to Marc, really enjoyed the 'back yard' style of the route, plenty to keep us on our toes and grinning and the mud only added to it I reckon - can't beat a bit of slip slide action >matron< mrlee was pulling some excellent power slides out of the corners ... and occasionally on the straights! :LOL:

Fish was even better than I remembered and my favourite moment (other than the shout of 'incoming'! as I headed sideways towards longun at a pace :eek: ) was the waterymud trails cascading off my Crud Catcher as I dashed across the field to the chippy - just like vapour trails from wing tips, was like being one of the Brown Arrows!

Well, a little over-excitable perhaps, but that's how the day was :cool:

Finally a massive thanks to everyone who made my ride for the day possible - the fly-tipped Kona was an absolute hoot (it was dumped in my car by ChrisV40 after this ride last year and finished just in time for a triumphant return!), perfect for this ride. I'll get a build thread up with all the appropriate thanks soon... :cool:

20130316_160826_zps56ccf044.jpg

Not sure how to share the Strava trace, try this link:
http://app.strava.com/activities/44623870

Rich Aitch":1ovfbxsh said:
There's some good photo's here. I went on the t'internet at lunchtime and the big machine [St Aidan's mine rolling dragline] is open to the public sometimes and you can go inside, there's an open day on April the 13th.

http://www.iarecordings.org/dragline/

Now that is coooool!

We've seen the largest preserved dragline machine in western europe! costs nowt in this region when you ride with us ;)

looks like you all had a nice time. hope to see some of you next saturday.
i have to say out of all the bikes on this ride, i am leaning towards the saracen.
love those handlebars.

Absolutely spot on that Saracen, totally agree :cool: and practically all original (except the bars! :LOL: ).

Would have been bike of the ride for me if it wasn't for my RB special Kona... ;)

elPedro666":1pto5wzn said:
Absolutely spot on that Saracen, totally agree :cool: and practically all original (except the bars! :LOL: ).

Thanks for the kind words the bars are off an older bike than the 86 kili, think the are about 83/84.

Latest posts

Back