Team Raleigh Dyna-Tech ex Adrian Timmis, thanks for helping.

My brother had one just like that up until about .......... dinner time today :D :D :D

Good look with it mate and I'm looking forward to seeing back to it's original spec/cond

Keep us posted...

Dave O.

Very nice especially having a bike with abit of history on it, I hope this bike is a keeper in your collection. Good luck with it. :)

It doesnt look like it needs a respray from the pics :?

I'd be worried about washing all that 'patina' off!

Raleigh made some great bikes, its about time we started clebrating them :) I wonder how many other 'celebrity' race bikes are sat in the back of peoples sheds in this country?

Okay, that looks very nice. Why a respray? Is there corrosion under the paint or so :?

Didn't see your respray comment.... Don't do it! For one thing, its an ex Raleigh team bike and all the bumps and scratches are part of its history and charm, secondly, the holographic sticker at the bottom of the seat tube is irreplaceable. The sticker was designed so that once removed, it loses its 'holographic' effect and can't be replaced. You remove that sticker... you remove the ID of the bike and a huge part of its appeal.

If you get it re-sprayed it could be any old dynatech that somebody has tarted up. Yours is special :)

Looks perfect and as it should be.

Dont respray it, it looks fine as it is, It would be like respraying one of the le-mans winning audi's or bentleys in my opinion. DONT DO IT :cry:

I have spoken to my freind of long time ago and he is gunna try and dig out the pics of the ex David Baker one he had so fingers crossed :cool:

How does it ride ? ?

Lovely! seat looks a bit of a funny angle though! can't believe how many parts have been changed, been well used though
Re seat post, cant imagine Kalloy being on a special bike, our semi modern Bob is 26.8 but my 1993 Apex is 27.0.

And finally another vote for patina, just say NO!
:eek:

:LOL:

Ok, ok fella's i won't repray it. I might do a dab of touching up though and get fresh main decals possibly. I know it's all part of the history of the bike etc but this bikes going to be a rider and not a garage queen, so I see it more as maintenance than than tarting up.

As for seat angle your spot on with what you say. I adjusted it before I set but I must not of put sufficent torque on the bolt and it shifted back to that position. Really interested to see if this is the proper seatpost, it ain't screaming quality like the rest of the bike.

Just popped new cables on this evening, adjusted the brakes and gears and had a good check around. All is well and I might make time for a good long ride tomorrow.

Fork: Raleigh Dyna-Tech Titanium Rigid, 1 1/8” x 6” Steerer.

I don't think that's a titanium fork.

Barends: Unknown, Alloy.

They're X-Lite ones.

Lovely bike :)

Back