Syncros seatpost....

I don't think this is an indicative price, it's just an example of what can happen in auctions, even live ones. There were only two bidders above 66€, and they just did battle - no doubt the one who 'won' thinks he has won, whereas in fact he has paid five times over the odds, so I would argue he is a loser.

I do agree though that Syncros prices have increased a lot in recent years, perhaps as the supply diminishes. A few years ago, I sold a carbon one on here in perfect condition for £35. At that time it was a reasonable price, and it didn't sell all that quickly.

Anthony":384grtbd said:
I don't think this is an indicative price, it's just an example of what can happen in auctions, even live ones. There were only two bidders above 66€, and they just did battle - no doubt the one who 'won' thinks he has won, whereas in fact he has paid five times over the odds, so I would argue he is a loser.

I do agree though that Syncros prices have increased a lot in recent years, perhaps as the supply diminishes. A few years ago, I sold a carbon one on here in perfect condition for £35. At that time it was a reasonable price, and it didn't sell all that quickly.

Oh well, I won't be retiring yet then!

On the bright side, I don't feel quite so bad having it fitted to a crumbling old KHS now.

Back