Sorted Syncros 26.8 seatpost in black - for '92 Bontrager build

Morning Jim - thanks for the offer but I'm after a 26.8 seatpost.
Yeah sorry. I was being a bit slow as it was late last night. I was thinking you could use a shim but it would only be 0.4 mm which is wafer thin and doesn’t exist. Good luck finding something.

….excellent Carge….I do like the thrill of the hunt....it's such a great part of each build, particularly when people help out.…

….not what you want I know, but to show that they are out there, I went to the back of the boxes last year and found....a 410mm Synchros 27.2 GEN ONE (!) Syncros in 9/10 condition...I ummed and ahhed about keeping such a lovely thing...but then it went to Belgium for a build to a grateful person. I always have a sense of 'it's all out there...I just need to CONNECT with it....'

I just bought the same sized one for $30 on eBay.

Far from NOS, but at that price... :)

Anyway, not to rub it in, but just to say they are still floating around! Mine was much shorter than you're looking for, so you definitely didn't miss out.

Good luck with the hunt, and if you find one over here in the US and need help shipping it abroad, let me know. Always happy to help.

I just bought the same sized one for $30 on eBay.

Far from NOS, but at that price... :)

Anyway, not to rub it in, but just to say they are still floating around! Mine was much shorter than you're looking for, so you definitely didn't miss out.

Good luck with the hunt, and if you find one over here in the US and need help shipping it abroad, let me know. Always happy to help.
Cheers - and thanks for the offer of help on the shipping - I may take you up on that 🙏

I have a pair of Bontrager Ti bars on the way - so just the elusive seatpost to score :)

I have a black 26.8 Syncros post that I’d sell for £60 posted. I can do you photos tomorrow evening.

Back