Suspension Forks

Re:

These just went for £367 on eBay...

Attachments

• IMG_5388.JPG
    IMG_5388.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 454
Re:

The 1998 RC36, retro fitted in this case with a Pro Class crown, add the Pro carbon bridges and thats what I'm talkin' about ;)

Attachments

• IMG_2823.JPG
    IMG_2823.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 442
Me, the answer's in the screenname. I like Specialized's air/oil FSX fork. To me, its only drawback is the lack of a negative spring, and the relatively frequent need to replace the 2 orings on each leg. Cheap, but somewhat time consuming.

I've found them to be durable (22 years old now...), predictable, wonderfully tunable, well damped. Oh, and maintainable, with industry standard seals. And, under 1200g.

J

For me by far, the original Marz Z1, for sure a game changer in it's time...
I remember those times very well...I used to have a 1998 yellow Judy SL that I was very proud of and a friend of mine just received a Z1 Bam...it was just something else !

Re:

The oldest forks I've actually tried, other than rigid, are the set of 2007 Rock Shox Rebas on my "new bike".

I've no idea how well, or badly they perform, but I've always liked the look of Girvin and Noleen forks:

P1000618_zps3fd2862c.jpg

Anyone tried them?

FSXStumpy":2i9vuzqh said:
Me, the answer's in the screenname. I like Specialized's air/oil FSX fork. To me, its only drawback is the lack of a negative spring, and the relatively frequent need to replace the 2 orings on each leg. Cheap, but somewhat time consuming.

I've found them to be durable (22 years old now...), predictable, wonderfully tunable, well damped. Oh, and maintainable, with industry standard seals. And, under 1200g.

J
Drool....

Re:

Rock Shox 1

Bradbury's Manitou (thanks to mkozaczek :D )

Suspenders (thanks to mkozaczek… too :D )

Back