Surly Karate Monkey again..

The above was a tenner from plumbase.

Half a tube in from the top and.... Nothing. Did make it cold though.

So thought I might as well use the can before trying something else. Used some magura tubing so I could spray it down from below via the bottom bracket.like this

Now the whole seat tube went white.

gave it a twist and it moved! A little. Two minutes later...

Seat tube isn't too dirty

I've probably taken seven or eight very stuck seat posts out now. This is by far and away the best method I've used. I won't use any other now.

It's harmless
It's easy to do
It's quick
It doesn't damage bike or post or paint

One happy person. Will probably pretend it's stuck so my boy can remember the joy of it coming free over the weekend!

Re:

Wheels and headset on tonight with the help of mini me.

Headset is a new VP one. Seems quite good for the price.

Stem is an on one boxy thing and old charge spoon.

Progress likely to halt as I await bolts to run a single ring up front.

Then I still need to buy gears etc and brakes.

Looking really good coomber and although i've never had VP headset i use to love their pedals for smoothness and durability so hopefully the headset will be just as good ..

Re: Re:

wookiee":q6kfk9dz said:
....hows this coming on Coomber?

Hello chap.

It's still as above! I had my knee op and couldn't weight bear for 6 weeks but more like two months so that put plans on the back foot. I also got as much riding in before Nov with my other knee op so I've basically had no chance to do anything for three months.

I need to decide what to do with drivetrain. Part of me wants to go SS but my knee is not going to be strong until late in the year and it will be an ideal bike to get me out whilst I rebuild my leg muscles.

I have a nice full suss with basic shimano gear (unbranded/deore mix) which I want to replace as it's 2 x 10 and I want to put a dropper on it. I have a 1 x 11 near new xt kit to go on that and then transfer the parts onto the KM. So that's the plan really. It will be a donor bike for upgrades on my full susser.

So until I do that no progress!

Did you sort a winter bike yourself?

Back