Suntour XC Pro Granny Ring Spacer Width?

MCA4President

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
I've acquired some chainrings for some Suntour XC Pro cranks and realised the Granny Ring requires some spacers to set it in the right position. It's currently sat flat against the crank! I imagine I'll also be needing some longer bolts but that's fine, I can get those. Question is does anyone know the correct size spacers I'll need? My limited Google skills resulted in a figure of 4.5mm but thought I'd try to get a second opinion. Thank you.

8.3mm spacing has been mentioned for similar flat spider setups in the past (middleburn/race face).

I guess it also depends on if the granny ring is also flat or has its own offset to accommodate for.

wmspacerkit2_190.jpg

8.3mm spacing has been mentioned for similar flat spider setups in the past (middleburn/race face).

I guess it also depends on if the granny ring is also flat or has its own offset to accommodate for.
It's not actually a flat spider. (meaning the granny spacer does not sit on the same plane as the middle).

It more the normal shimano/suntour setup with the middle having a step under the middle bit. Hence the shorter spacers needed.
I guess you could measure this and take it off 8.3mm?

NOS_Vintage_Suntour_XC_PRO_Crank_Arm_Set_175_mm_04_onou.jpg
(MD version I think, but similar)

Last edited:
It's not actually a flat spider. (meaning the granny spacer does not sit on the same plane as the middle).

It more the normal shimano/suntour setup with the middle having a step under the middle bit. Hence the shorter spacers needed.
I guess you could measure this and take it off 8.3mm?
Showing my suntour ignorance here mr poulet 🫣

Back