Suntour XC Pro brake/shifter cables

Rog

Retro Guru
good morning all

does anyone know what brake/shifter cables where used for early 90s suntour XC pro groupsets? seen a few on ebay but not sure they are correct.

many thanks

Rogan :)

Hi Rogan, standard 4mm gear outers and 1.2mm inner cable, and 5mm brake outers and 1.6mm or 2mm inner cables.

Certainly that's what fits my '91 stuff.

Reactions: Rog
Hi Rogan, standard 4mm gear outers and 1.2mm inner cable, and 5mm brake outers and 1.6mm or 2mm inner cables.

Certainly that's what fits my '91 stuff.
thanks for the info,

did the do an XC pro 5mm outer? looking to go period correct on the cables themselves.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
thanks for the info,

did the do an XC pro 5mm outer? looking to go period correct on the cables themselves.

The Hardliner / 5mm stuff was earlier, XC Pro gear cable had black plastic ferrules!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I think you are after the accushift cables for gearing. I used to have a load of nos when I was doing an xc pro pace build but it's all gone now. I can't remember what the brake cable was called if indeed it was anything specific.

I think you are after the accushift cables for gearing. I used to have a load of nos when I was doing an xc pro pace build but it's all gone now. I can't remember what the brake cable was called if indeed it was anything specific.
Thanks for the info, you dont happen to have any pics of the cables by any chance?

cheers

would this be the one?

Back