Sunn Revolt with some nice bit on

Re: Re:

LikeClockwork":i10knxhw said:
:LOL: :LOL:

I was going to split and run.

Apart from the wheels, seat post, stem, rear mech, Race Face chainset, frame....I was keeping those.

The rest was going for profit.

:p

SPLITTER! :LOL: :LOL:

LikeClockwork":2ebca4yk said:
I know.

Just call me 'Grannie Gear'.

(Does it count if you were just going to split the forks off for profit....?)

Well I know you're no spring chicken, but I wouldn't have gone that far! ;)

Forks? Oh yes please!

Er, I mean of course, no ,no , oh definitely not, no :LOL:

Mike Muz 67":1ofr89ov said:
LikeClockwork":1ofr89ov said:
I know.

Just call me 'Grannie Gear'.

(Does it count if you were just going to split the forks off for profit....?)

Well I know you're no spring chicken, but I wouldn't have gone that far! ;)

Forks? Oh yes please!

Er, I mean of course, no ,no , oh definitely not, no :LOL:

You need to have a word with Tim, definitely nothing to do with me any more....

:LOL: :facepalm:

I'm going to wait and see what I'm actually getting before I make a decision as to what to do with it. I confess I initially bought it to split but I think it'd make an interesting project, I'll get back to you re the forks either way.

Re:

Registering a vague watery interest in the wheels and cranks but not rings if you're splitting at some point.... :facepalm:

:mrgreen:

Well this has arrived and I cannot believe how nice the steel frame is, nice and light, good welds and great details including a chain pip. I was home alone from half four when Mr FedEx arrived until the boss came home at six so stripped it down and gave everything a good clean, just the wheels to do now.

I'm guessing that most of the parts are original? Even has a lovel Sunn labelled alloy cross country riser bar.

Has anyone else got one of these built with original parts or know where I can find the original spec list/ catalogue?

To be fair I have enough lightweight cross country machines and bought this on a whim so I have a few options I guess:

1) Sell on as is

2) Strip and keep the chainset, stem and seatpost, passing the rest on

3) Track down original spec parts, repaint frame although it's not actually bad, and get hold of replacement decals plus sort the forks

4) Build up using black group set parts and replace the tyres with black walls to make a stealthy mean machine, sort the forks or replace with some Judy FSX's

What to do? I think I've found my RetroBike Utopia in my current collection plus I've run out of space ;)

Back