Summer Frolics Caithness

Re:

Been looking at maps :D

Any of you northern types ever cycled the track alongside Langwell Water from Berridale?

The one that leads up to the forest section? You head out of Berriedale and take the left fork (south) and follow the water up the valley?
In that case .....no :)

Well, I say no, but I have gone some up there a good couple of years back but there was grouse shooting or something going on so I had to turn back, but it is meant to be nice. There is a turn to head north near the forest but back then it was meant to be pretty over grown and hard to find. Nobody was sure where you come out.
There are lots of trails run north to south just a bit further inland. Will ask around and see what the local guys say.

Jamie

Jamiedyer":2t0v7mso said:
Might be worth a recce on the Pugsley tomorrow actually :)

Jamie

Good man :D

I'm looking for a way in to Scaraben and Morven by bike....... It's either this or the road and track from Dunbeath

I would of thought you would of had more luck on the Dunbeath - Forsinard road, then find a track heading west :)

Jamie

Re:

I don't know where they are online, but the "Out And About With Ralph" diaries notate just about every route in Caithness and Sutherland. Great reading, and a man I have run into many times in the wilderness. Often naked.

Just the way I roll.

Back