Stuff you wished you hadn't sold

Lets have a 14 and a bit year thread bump :LOL:

I miss my Proshift mechs and my Overbury's

20100803botmjuly201001legrandefromageoverburyspioneer.jpg

file.php

Wow. Overburys...these a name I've not thought of lately. Is that a pioneer?

For me it's a Raleigh skyway burner. Got it for bmx racing when a young teen and hung onto it for years as it reminded me of going on my first adventures with mates to the bmx track on the OTHERSIDE of town. Woooo hoo.

Re:

It's a good question and I will answer it very honestly.

I wish I hadn't sold any of the bikes I had. They all had very specific memories attached to all of them....

The Dawes Ranger - the day Ant and I went over to Rottingdean and did a track in long green grass, and you couldn't see your feet....
The nickel Marin Team - that downhill from the SDW to Lewes on a hot June afternoon.
The blue Marin Palisades - the evening with Ray, in the hidden valley at Stanmer, and the whole of the SDW in a day, with Ant
The green Klein Pinnacle - the evening in Devon when Carmel rode it down the track back to the cottage.
The silver Rocky Ridge - the 'bad day' in the Alps with Ant, trashed knee, long walk back to the top and over to Flaine
The Ti Team Marin - first as a Master in the 'cross race near Arundel - but they messed up the lap counting - from first bumped to DNF
The cherry red Orange - getting bread in the Swiss Alps, boil in the bag cyclist by the time I got to the bakery
The black P7 - handy when I dropped off the VW for work in Shoreham
The Bontrager OR Race - keeping up with the roadies - on an MTB....
The B3 Amp - like riding wet spaghetti down the tough SDW track beyond Devil's Dyke
The silver C16R - with Ant and the mad flint-knapper at Alfriston
The tiny Kona - the Grom's first XC bike - with him and Ant on the high speed flinty flinty track to Stanmer
The small orange Cotic - the Grom's second XC bike - Thetford singletrack, he's quick that boy
The yellow Commencal DH bike - grief...the Grom is genuinely fast down an Alp....
The green Commencal DH bike - a summer with no DH because of that broken arm, but the next season was fabulous....

...and that's the thing...sitting on each of them, just before they went, the memories just came flooding back. So I wanted to keep them. But as much as I wish I hadn't sold them, I know that they went to new people, and are having new memories poured into the frames....

...and we have a workshop full of new ones....all with new memories drying on the top tube...

Re:

Sold a turq CK 1in 2nut no-logo last year cheap and had to buy the same back for more than double :facepalm: Same with some mint/NOS Ringle Ti holey QRs. Thankfully i have never sold a F&F I regretted too much.

has to be my original Funk, when i sold the frame I barely got 300 quid for it. At the time it had a kooka billet stem and funk forks. i kept both a bit longer then broke the forks and sold the stem. I have replaced my Funk and bought another but my original one would be lovely to have back... sold out via a lake district shop, c'est la vie. The money went towards a ti ibis so i cant moan and still have the ibis.

All my (4)Trimble's. Grafton cranks, THM Clavicula DP cranks, Smud Carbon seat, A pair of ultra light 26er wheels, 1993 Klein Attitude, Grafton Speed trap pedals, Bullseye cranks & hubs

Hmm

‘91 Fire Mountain owned since new, given away for the right reasons before I became Retrobike Aware
‘94 Explosif, fluted down tube one, repainted pearlescent white. Sold, not sure why with hindsight, but at least it meant it didn’t get taken in the 2015 garage theft incident.

Back