StRumpjumper ... you read in right !

Dibs on the spokes if you're selling please! I tried to buy this a couple of times just for the spokes and was gutted when I saw it was no longer available...so glad it went to one of us, well done and I hope the hubs are ok, great deal if they are.

Re: Re:

Once A Hero":26m724xa said:
OK.....here’s a summary of the condition
The frame has plenty of rust spots, mostly surface it seems - its a solid old frame really. But the seatpost is stuck, and the black paint hides damage done from trying to heat the frame to get the post out.
Forks, rusty in places but useable
Headset (Specialized) bearing cages knackered, generally past its best
BB - Shimano UN52 - spins well enough
Cranks - Shimano Altus - some surface rust, possible thread damage to drive side pedal threads
Pedals - VP something, bearings shot
Front mech - M735, rusty cage but functional
Rear mech - M900, jockey wheels worn but good otherwise
Cantis - M900, logo gone on one (rear), mounting bolts a bit corroded but good otherwise
Stem - Ringle, pretty decent
Bars - Hyperlite, uncut, pretty decent
Shifters - M732 pretty decent (usual logo lift)
Brake levers - Machine Tech, tidy
Chain - One solid line of metal
Rims - Campag Thorr 36H straight, bit worn
Spokes - wavey
Hubs - Bullseye - To be assessed, both spin freely and appear uncracked
Cassette/Freewheel - Cheap 7spd shimano, rusty
Tyres - shot

What happened dude?

Re:

Err...that’s not right, as it’s in pieces in my garage!

The seller is a bit odd.
The transaction was a bit odd.

The bike was outside the address when I got there and no-one was home.

I rang the mobile number I was given and spoke to the lady selling, who said her husband would be there shortly.

He arrived and I paid cash on collection, but the husband didn’t have the eBay account, so couldn’t confirm collection via the QR code or number as his phone wasn’t linked to the eBay account...sounding dodgy enough yet?

However, he asked me for the agreed amount, which he could have only have known if connected to the seller.

He sent me an email whilst I was with him to confirming collection and the amount, and took a photo of the QR code.

I went back and forth via text with the seller to input the code so eBay would stop asking me to make payment, then today I get confirmation that the sale has been cancelled.

The seller now gets to pocket the cash and not pay eBay a penny...

Why they have relisted something they no longer have is beyond me though...

Put an offer in and see what they say!

Re: Re:

Once A Hero":13ijq1wo said:
Err...that’s not right, as it’s in pieces in my garage!

The seller is a bit odd.
The transaction was a bit odd.

The bike was outside the address when I got there and no-one was home.

I rang the mobile number I was given and spoke to the lady selling, who said her husband would be there shortly.

He arrived and I paid cash on collection, but the husband didn’t have the eBay account, so couldn’t confirm collection via the QR code or number as his phone wasn’t linked to the eBay account...sounding dodgy enough yet?

However, he asked me for the agreed amount, which he could have only have known if connected to the seller.

He sent me an email whilst I was with him to confirming collection and the amount, and took a photo of the QR code.

I went back and forth via text with the seller to input the code so eBay would stop asking me to make payment, then today I get confirmation that the sale has been cancelled.

The seller now gets to pocket the cash and not pay eBay a penny...

Why they have relisted something they no longer have is beyond me though...

Put an offer in and see what they say!

Jesus Christ :facepalm: :LOL: :LOL:

His feedback reads like a scammer. Goods paid for and not sent, Ebay/paypal picking up the tab.
This should be reported,given its sold.

Hope you come away with some nice bits, though that frames likely fubar

dyna-ti":3g9i5cb8 said:
His feedback reads like a scammer. Goods paid for and not sent, Ebay/paypal picking up the tab.

Ebay ad seems to have gone now.

Yeah the frame is toast I’d say - I’ll offer it up on here, perhaps someone can make use of it or the forks.
Some of the parts are cleaning up nicely. I’m yet to attack the hubs with some Autosol, but they don’t seem too bad to me after a warm soapy water wash :D

Attachments

• 774C0120-404D-41F1-969D-18375E025EFB.jpeg
    774C0120-404D-41F1-969D-18375E025EFB.jpeg
    673.4 KB · Views: 630
Once A Hero":3vsz8qtl said:
dyna-ti":3vsz8qtl said:

Ebay ad seems to have gone now.

Yeah the frame is toast I’d say - I’ll offer it up on here, perhaps someone can make use of it or the forks.
Some of the parts are cleaning up nicely. I’m yet to attack the hubs with some Autosol, but they don’t seem too bad to me after a warm soapy water wash :D

Good start

Back