Stop bleeping at me! And winking….I think it’s W R O N G ….

the idea of people ditching the cage in favour of a ebike is all most comical in a nonsensical sort of way. there will be a small number of people willing to climb aboard a bike, but I see large percentage of this being in cities, moving people away from public transport rather than from their box on wheels. once in to the more normal areas of the UK, people simply don't want to give up the convenience a car offers, and those that do, will be straight back in the box when the weather turns and nights draw in. It is a major alteration to the way you travel and without taking a major adjusyments people just dont. What it is,is another "must have" consumer item to give folks the feeling like they are doing something, whilst actually doing more harm. Isnt consumerism wonderful?

industry can bleat on all they like about E bikes being there to encourage peopleto ride, and to an extend, they have, there are people out there now who wouldn't be if the E bike didn't exist (FIL whose rdeen all his life has changed to one because his knees cant hack it) but it's a very very small number in comparison to the people who aren't or who remain in the boxes and the number grows by the day.

Sorry for the downer.

And which batteries on a bike aren't rechargeable?
Most computers have inbuilt batteries, same for most decent lights. And buying enough cells to fill an e-bike battery pack would be insane.

I know this thread is supposed to be about bleeps and stuff but...

Its also brought up the E-MTBer's - they are turning into trail bullies and if it carries on I will end up throwing my bike at someone

matt - axs batteries indeed rechargeable, Bluetooth pressure adjusters typically use non rechargeable CR1632 or such.

Last edited:
Ahhh.
matt - axs batteries indeed rechargeable, Bluetooth pressure adjusters typically use non rechargeable CR1632 or such.
Ahhh. So you mean virtually none then 😉
I've only actually seen one shockwiz in the wild... I suppose AXS shifter batteries aren't rechargeable. But what sort of loon would buy AXS. 🤣

Back