STOLEN!!

The Ken":2lr71bub said:
I've always though of things this way....

If your bike is worth more than the limit value that the insurance company would pay out as a whole bike say it is a collection of parts that you built up - just list the parts separately and show they were bought that way.

Effectively it is the collection that has been stolen, I move parts around on my bikes fairly frequently and as most bits have individual value that is how I think of them.

Not much different to having a matching set of china really. I think this would only work with the bike being stolen from the house though.

Hmm may have to try it, I sent them a full spec list with the photos. When I rang them today they said it takes 48 hrs for them to be updated on my claim ?? :?

The pic in the link is off the net. I would be chasing this up - the other thread refers to red and blue bits.

But the thread on STW is dated before I had mine stolen. :cry:

I got quite excited when I first read it then noticed the date. :evil:

titch__16":t1hybx06 said:
I'll keep my eyes peeled to :)

The thieving scum needs a seeing to!

Thanks

I'm always looking, but not spotted it yet. Hope no scallywag has rattle canned it. :evil:

The Return!

Well its been almost 3 months since the thieving scum helped themslves to mt Manitou :cry:

But.......had a phone call out of the blue from the police on Wednesday asking if I could go down to the station as they think they have found my bike :shock: :shock:

So off I go on Thursday morning to take a look (wasn't holding out too much hope). So get lead outside to their open air compound all sorts of bikes there all being exposed to the elements :roll: And there she was leaning up against the wall looking all sorry for herself! So had a chat with the copper who told me how they came about it. So next job was to call the insurance company as I have been paid out, they weren't interested in it at all they said they get so many bikes coming back to them that they have no space to store them!! So they said I can keep it (and send them a goodwill payment for it) or "dispose of it on their behalf.

Went to pick it up this morning and it was in a much more sorry state than I remembered :evil:

This is how it looked when it was stolen:

IMG_0323 by Minty Sauce, on Flickr

And this is how it looked when I got it home:

Manitou HT by Minty Sauce, on Flickr

Cracked!

Crack by Minty Sauce, on Flickr

Chewed!

Saddle by Minty Sauce, on Flickr

And covered in random brackets!! Well it is all stripped down and cleaned now, frame looks like it is only good for wall art now so parts and a few other bits will be up for sale soon :(

If only bikes could talk, what sort of a tale would it tell......

A semi good ending there.

Who knows, that crack may have happened on your next ride!

How did they come across it then?

Anyone caught for it?

cyfa2809":3dfp7qz4 said:
A semi good ending there.

Who knows, that crack may have happened on your next ride!

How did they come across it then?

Anyone caught for it?

Yeah I suppose so, got a new bike and the old one so :cool: Such a shame as when I stripped it all down and cleaned it the frame looks so good and is soooo light.

They were arresting a bloke for a different crime and found my bike when they we're searching his house so arrested him on suspicion of my burglary too. He said he bought it off some bloke and the police couldn't prove otherwise so they had to let him go but they confiscated the bike as it was stolen property. Don't think they will catch someone now.

Back