Stolen: Neon Yellow Gazelle Mondial AB & Blue Moser

chrisl

Retro Newbie
Gah. Had a couple of bikes stolen from the front of my house last night in Hackney. They're both built up with modern bits and bobs so will theoretically be easy to spot for sale. I'd appreciate any leads.

The first was a Gazelle Champion Mondial from mid 90s, Neon yellow, 54cm IRRC. Athena Carbon 11 speed groupset, Thompson seat post, Short stem. Front wheel a Mavic MA2, rear is a Campagnolo Scirrocco (don't hold it against me... it was a work in progress...). Pinhead security axles and a Thule bike trailer attachment. I LOVED the way this frame rode so if someone has a similar one for sale the same size let me know!

The second was a Francesco Moser from the early 80s. 55/56cm. The frame had been powder coated blue after an accident with a seized seat post, but the chrome forks have the moser logo visible at the top. Built up single speed with a black 105 crank, white Velocity rims, a Tubus Cosmo rack, Campag skeleton brakes and SRAM levers. Silver Thompson seat post.

Feeling very stupid for leaving them accessible from the street... apparently there's been a bit of a spate of theft around here recently.

Re:

Sorry tp hear of your loss.Sad to think that you have to lock everything out of sight these days and then thats not good enough sometimes.
Always looking for a bargain old bike on various sites.
Will keep a lookout for them.

Back