STOLEN - GT Rebound 1995 Blue: Chichester city Centre.

My mates sister had he bike lifted from Scotts Farm just down the road, they weren't interested, neither were the police really but she got her crime number and insurance paid out so she got an new one .
Bit different when you put some graft into one though. My Pathfinder was built much like your rebound and it got left at the station most weekdays last year and never touched.
Hope it's returned as having one pinched is not nice at all.

Fingers crossed you get it back - it's not good having a bike stolen.
Apparently the ***kers have switched to bike theft from other forms of crime because there is a plentiful supply and it doesn't carry a mandatory custodial sentence if they do get caught. That being said one thief did get a jail sentence recently so maybe the tide is turning.

Its probably worth being in the same place next week. Some of these thieves are do thick they will ride it back from work via the same route every day.

MD1":qy07l1ad said:
Hope you get it back.
Bike theft is way too common in city centres and it's growing with all the eastern european criminals there letting into our country.

Oh that's what it is. Pesky light fingered foreigners. Thank god the native brit is so honest and clean.

Tazio":2evgfruo said:
MD1":2evgfruo said:
Hope you get it back.
Bike theft is way too common in city centres and it's growing with all the eastern european criminals there letting into our country.

Oh that's what it is. Pesky light fingered foreigners. Thank god the native brit is so honest and clean.

Well said Tazio :)
Madjez I hope you get it back asap .I'm surprised at the Polices attitude though usually they couldn't give two hoots Imo.

Thanks for all the comments, the hunt continues !

As I said local police have been brilliant. To be fair they have to look at how likely they are to get a conviction and the fact I have photos/serial numbers and can name every non-standard component on the bike means if they catch someone on it they can't say 'it's mine I bought it in Halfords !'

If an Apollo gets nicked its difficult to prove it's your Apollo. I think this is why they were so interested in mine.

If I don't get it back ... well it least it wasn't the Zaskar (I would be slashing my wrists if that went !). :cry:

It is also worthwhile every time you do a mod to the bike- add a new part etc, take a digital photo of it, the bike as let's face it, digital photography is free and cameras have come on leaps and bounds, so high res images are totally possible.

Also all my components are marked with a series of light dot punch marks in the form of a star constellation, to outward observer they look like if they look closely just wear and tear, but apply a stencil I have made and a constellation is revealed, a positive ident mark that doesn't look like an ident mark.

Also well down the seat tube and fork there is a sealed plastic bag containing the note; This ........ was stolen from........

The Saracen I had stolen never turned up and neither did the parts end up on ebay as I was watching for about six months and those parts were star marked too. But I hope the thieving scrote had fun getting the snake eye security cap screws undone if the bike was stripped and didn't end up chucked in the sea. But that bike was well marked in lots of different places.

Also another my GT has had and that is the Berol security pen written all over the frame, invisible in daylight, but a fuzz with a UV lamp can read all.

Me though I take my bike security seriously, if it does get stolen I wish my bikes to be a pain in the ass and incriminating to thieves if and when they are caught as it is habitual criminals cops do check other stuff they have in case that's stolen too and of course I wish for bike thieves to feel the full weight of the law so I mark all my stuff.

Back