Stolen Bike Turns Up 5 Years Later on Gumtree

He did mention he bought the bike and the seller's address is 200 yards from my home address

Be interesting to know who lives there, probably the original local thief?

Re:

Well all his ads are now down, gave him a cheeky call, put on a voice and apparently he only has bikes...."When he get's them in"

I now know I should of played the whole thing down and said I'd meet up and buy the bike, the seller sounds like he's an older male 50's and I suppose he can plead ignorance about the bikes origins and give a false name etc.

The sellers claims the bike, "Is mine and got it from a flat on M**** St" so all that remains now is to see if the police can sort it all out.

And unless he originally stole the bike 2011 and moved out of town......... :?: It was fun while it lasted.

Hope you get it back! It will all be down to the police and how available or determined they are...

It can work though. I found my Klein for sale on eBay after being stolen 12 years ago. Difference was I didn't contact the seller directly and let the police take care of it. Was a lovely day when I collected it from the station I can tell you.

Best of luck.

Mark

Back