STOLEN AND RECOVERED - A HAPPY ENDING

Thanks but please do not use the f** word here, there is a London F*** etc forum for that juvenile fashion victim shit. I ride a track bike (a 1950 Claud Butler) but mainly on the track which is where drivetrains that do not freewheel (I can't even bring myself to use the words) belong.

slimlavud":3tte6lmn said:
Thanks but please do not use the f** word here, there is a London F*** etc forum for that juvenile fashion victim shit. I ride a track bike (a 1950 Claud Butler) but mainly on the track which is where drivetrains that do not freewheel (I can't even bring myself to use the words) belong.

Yes, well - it seems like Mr Junior Architect was VERY lucky that he didn't you-know-what slim's Peugot. Because if he had he'd have had a Surly Singlelator shoved up where it won't spin...

its a pity the fashionistos have spoilt the fixed wheel reputation for those of us who genuinely enjoy the simplicity and feel of fixed and who rode them long before the london boys were born.

My latest is based on a Spesh rockhopper and used as a no-clean winter road trainer.

Glad there is a happy ending.

By coincidence, my Peugeot did get nicked once, partly my fault, I felt sorry for this guy and loaned him my bike, I think it was a UO 8, not exactly top of the line but I put some nice wheels on and had SPD clipless pedals on it and a narrow racing type leather seat, used but a Wright saddle or one from Japan, I think it was the Wright saddle. Gave the guy a U lock to use with it when actually, maybe I should have used a cable lock. He says someone took it from him but I don't believe that. Tried to be kind to the guy in order for him to run some errands for groceries and the like.

But I think the bike was a bit heavy actually, I went to a Recycler and he had some old rusty Peugeots, white much like the picture above and I lifted them and I thought, indeed it was heavy. I think I had a UO 8 but I am not positive.

You learn unfortunately, stolen bikes have happened to many and it still pisses me off big time.

I heard also, another security measure is to mark your initials on the bike and take a picture of it.

The recycler even had some photos of a guy caught on cctv stealing (not the act but kind of a before and after picture, with and without) a bicycle. They are trying to catch the guy. It sure pisses me off mine got taken, it's best to try and get it out of your mind because there is always another bike to try to make up for it. <----- The suddeness of losing your ride and if you like the bike much at all, is the pits!!!! It only bothers me when I think about it, put it out of one's mind....

The next bike was a Motobecane Nomade! Yellow I purchased from the owner, the original yellow ones are supposed to be some of the better of that line because they are all fitted out in French components basically except maybe the brakes.

And get this, 10 days after I got this yellow one:

... I drove the car where often I don't and there was a nice Motobecane Nomade, green, marked free in these people's yard and I was unsure about it, I even walked up to the door and I talked to the lady and it was her husband's, small frame, but the thing is, is it had Mavic wheels and full Shimano 600 components down to the V clip in 600 pedals, nice handlebars and a few other things, pump.

Live and Learn... I should maybe size that bike up again but I don't think these motobecanes have any special tubing but they run well, they are dependable, Huret drivetrain is fine. It does not seem to go to fast, but someday maybe.

That's why I picked up the Peugeots, I don't think they could have been lighter but the Peugeots may have had Tange forks.

yes, pics please as there are a few Peugeot fans floating around here.

If its nicer than this one, I wont like you...

No, you will still like him because we should have compassion for the victim of having to go through the ordeal of some shmuck stealing your bike. I am very happy for the original poster.

Back