STEINBACH V-brakeset

Re: Re:

SEANSTEPHENS":1ed6ubr6 said:
There was another user on this forum selling a new set of these for £75 a while ago, and they didnt sell. Sure they look nice but if youd actually used them, then you would know they are just fancy looking flexy pieces of junk.

They are not used! Read text! They have been mounted on a show bike only! NO sign of mounting, never used! You compaire used items with nos. And where do you find nos steinbach brakes exept mine? Asking price is what retail price was. I would never give them away! I would rather use them on my job bike before sell them for 100 pund. I know the value of these, both used, retail and nos condition. You dont have to teach me.

Serious offer around asking price are welcome.

POLITI":3l3qub96 said:
SEANSTEPHENS":3l3qub96 said:
There was another user on this forum selling a new set of these for £75 a while ago, and they didnt sell. Sure they look nice but if youd actually used them, then you would know they are just fancy looking flexy pieces of junk.

They are not used! Read text! They have been mounted on a show bike only! NO sign of mounting, never used! You compaire used items with nos. And where do you find nos steinbach brakes exept mine? Asking price is what retail price was. I would never give them away! I would rather use them on my job bike before sell them for 100 pund. I know the value of these, both used, retail and nos condition. You dont have to teach me.

Serious offer around asking price are welcome.

He never said yours were used, he said 'if' you use them you will find they are quite flexy and not great brakes. I cannot comment as I've never used them, just wanted to clarify what was said.

Re:

Ah, i see! Sorry! Just read the post fast in the morning! Yeah, i heard the same! Not good working brakes, but super light and great looking! The' greatest looking v brakes my opinion.

Hotwheels.":1r5w0nk9 said:
Yes, they do look super cool and I'm sure I read somewhere that they are the worlds lightest.

Extralite was a bit lighter, but Steinbach way much cooler! Levers looks inspired by Grafton.

SEANSTEPHENS":14q3d36f said:
Just saying you should be more realistic, have a look at what others sell for. Theres a set here for sale at 28 euros https://en.shpock.com/i/VdBS6x2nw9QsB6xU/ okay theyre used and need pads but that doesnt deduct 472 euros from the value ;)

Sean

Its bad form to question a price, after all no one is forced to buy at a given price.

He can always come down (should he chose to)

And your analogy is flawed, a knackered Klein and a NOS one are going to be poles apart also...
and to be honest I wouldn't buy either no matter what the price as they really don't float my boat and I consider them grossly over rated.
But plenty think different and willingly shell out good iron on them.

So please butt out and stop flaming the guy.

Re:

Were not talking about nos kleins here. While i agree that prices are subjective, the same simple logic doesn’t apply to everything. missing a pair of pads doesnt make them “knackered” and worth 94.6% less. Thats just not realistic. The £75 set for sale on here are probably in as good condition. Flaming done :twisted:

Back