BB7 brakes
Avid FR-5 levers

seatpost, thomson
Flite saddle
stem, thomson 80mm
handlebar, Renthal
lizardskin northshore, gribs
Saddle clamp, salsa QR

Lovely build - I'm a big fan of BB7s. I switched over all my hydraulic brakes to BB7s - low maintenance, easy to adjust and decent stopping power.

Looks lovely.

Having seen a couple of Ti Switchbacks in the flesh, I wish that I'd been silly and bought one now.

I love my steel one, it's the best hardtail I've ever owned and the bike that I ride more than any other. Personally I'd go with a shorter stem for the honing about that this bike is designed for...mine feels sip on with a 50mm Thomson and wide bars.

THEFALLGUY":3qcxv56g said:
How long is the virtual top tube? in mm, the figures on the website are a bit vague.
The horizontal top tube center to center is 605mm

I can hear that a lot of you guy recommends a shorter stem - might have to try it one day..

Just fitted a set of continental mountain king II 2.4 tyres, thy are great - i'm looking so much forward to take them to the trails tomorrow!

Re:

Short stems and wide bars are ace.

How do you find the clearance with Conti 2.4's? I run 2.2's on mine and there's not much room. I had Mountain Kings initially but didn't get on with them once the trails started to dry out do swapped to Trail Kings which I quite like, especially on a wider rim. May give some Onza Ibex tyres a whirl - Dan Stanton highly recommends them.

Re:

the clearance is okay in the back there is a couple of mm on the sides and plenty at the middle of the tyre - i will post a picture soon

the clearance in the forks are acceptable but not perfect, but is an 26" fox..

Back