Spring Project #1: 14.5" Zaskar LE - FINISHED!

Re:

Some more snaps

Attachments

• DSC_0973.jpg
    DSC_0973.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 377
  • DSC_0972.jpg
    DSC_0972.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 377
  • DSC_0975.jpg
    DSC_0975.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 377
  • DSC_0974.jpg
    DSC_0974.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 377
Re: Spring Project #1: 14.5" Zaskar LE - BUILD TIME!

looking good..... not sure on the red though

its verging on a colourful THM build

Re:

The red was a decision based on 3
elements.
1. I had the parts. I have a set of xt brakes but not levers.
2. The cheap ebay decals have bits of red around the edge so thought that might flow nicely.
3. Red is faster.

But I agree, not sure it's quite the right look.

Re:

Cables and chain done. Quick fiddle in the stand and everything is spot on. Remarkable, gears spot on with no adjustment. Happy days. Brake pads just needed a bit of setting. Popped a nice set of DMR V12s in and some old lizard skins grips to finish the job.

So I drop it down for a test ride, and lo, gears not quite shifting into the bottom of the cassette or into the granny ring. Grrr, why does it do that? Stupid world not being perfect! Stupid having to twiddle barrel adjusters.

Anyway, the world is now a better place. The project was started in Spring 2016, I was gathering parts since Spring 2014, but the want has been there since the mid 90s.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you my interpretation of the GT Zaskar:

Attachments

• DSC_1021.jpg
    DSC_1021.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 310
  • DSC_1022.jpg
    DSC_1022.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 310
Re:

It's taken a while but it's making me smile. Just playing out on the street with the boy trying to remember how to wheelie :) it's great fun.

Rather obviously, it feels small. so I might play about with a longer stem and fiddle the saddle a bit see if that helps

Back