Sold Spooky Bandwagon / Metalhead Rear Disc Mount Brake Bracket

sectionate

Old School Hero
Made you look! These are not the original mounts that came with the frames, but after struggling to source the originals I designed my own, had machined out of a lump of 6061 and have spent the last three months braking in joy around the Surrey Hills!

After a small amount of interest generated through Instagram and another member on here (hello @Aeronaut), I decided to have a small batch machined up and offer them to anyone that would like one. They are to be used with an IS mount caliper - I don't believe there is space to fit a post mount type caliper and converter between the stays.

Machining is currently in progress, but the parts will be with my in two weeks.

total number available - 6 (maybe 8, depending if I hear back from someone). Colour: Black anodised and will include mounting bolts. Cost £50 inc P&P

This is what they look like. The below is from a batch of three I had made, one for FTW, Aero and myself.

2020-09-22-10.13.54-e1602151341495.jpg

2020-09-22-10.31.43-e1602151934222.jpg

Aeronauts older Hope caliper also fit after minor modification, which has been included in the new version so it'll work.

2020-09-24-14.08.59.jpg

Last edited:
Re:

I’m very interested. Have you tried it on a Metalhead with horizontal dropouts? I run mine singlespeed so would need to keep the adjustability there for tensioning the chain.

Re: Spooky Bandwagon / Metalhead Rear Disc Mount

Excellent!

it hasn’t been tried out on a Metalhead frame, but it should work as the hole spacings are the same on each frame. I always assumed the multiple holes were to allow for the chain tensioning required due to the horizontal dropouts.

You're correct, the 6 holes give 4 positions to set the optimum chain tension. The problem I foresee is the calliper will probably hit the seatstay/dropout in the rear-most holes, meaning I lose some flexibility to adjust the chain tension and chainstay length.

50437722591_41a6cb4f7b_c.jpg

Would you mind giving me some measurements so I can work out which holes it will work with?

Sure, I can email over a drawing tomorrow for you. It’s to scale, so you can print it and see what it likes.

Re:

It will only fit in the two most forward positions, so it will limit the adjustability a little, unless you use massive rear discs...

mount.jpg

^^You're right. The original mount was designed for my Bandwagon frame.

Excellent work. Much neater than my old bodge with an old a2z adapter.
I've also reamed the seat tube to 27.2mm as well to fit a dropper. Plenty of meat to be safe.

Attachments

• IMG_20201012_154901.jpg
    IMG_20201012_154901.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 1,574

Latest posts

Back