Spoke Length Help Please.

Escribo en inglés, pero automáticamente lo traduzco al español, no sé si lo que quiero decir es exactamente lo que se lee, porque veo alguna diferencia. Me imagino que lo que escribí te llegará directamente.

Lo siento si hay alguna confusión con la traducción, lo siento, la traducción automática no se elimina.

In building a couple of wheelsets, I’ve noticed the different online spoke calculators have their pros and cons/goods and gaps; would be good to have a sticky with a list of links and which iones have data on which popular retro gear.

This the very first link has all the data.
I added a lot of it along the way.
Most Shimano at the time are all the same hub dimension wise, luckily.

262/264 rear would be an easy buy.
(261.4/263, and round up of you can't get 263, 264 may be easier to build with than 263 anyway.)

264 front (263.9) as it is a symmetrical hub. 265mm would also be fine and easy to build with.

It near the bottom of the screwdriver slot. That's the aim.
(Of course it depends how you measure your ERD)

Roger Mussons site is good but takes more effort, but the calculations take other things from experience into consideration, still for this era and standard spokes any of the calcs will be fine. Better for odd setups, thin spokes and geeks.
His old calc https://www.wheelpro.co.uk/calculator-old-book/
There is a new one but you need to have purchased his current book

The rear can probably be 264 all round, just one side is a little bit longer than you'd like at the back and be harder to build. Some came like that, but I probably wouldn't try it unless I had the spokes anyway or cutting costs on spokes. It depends on you nipples and spoke threading.

Just buy and have a nice time building.
Lube up.

Back