Specialized Stumpjumper Team 1988 - PARTS UPDATE 11/07

MikeOrangeP7

Retro Newbie
Hello All,

I've come across this site when researching my dad's old bike and exactly what year it is. He's had this sat in his garage for years (probably 20 years to be exact). He wants to get back into cycling now that I have bought another bike but this needs to go to a good home due to lack of space.

I've now worked out that its a 1988 Specialized Stumpjumper Team in Grey/Ivory finish with Orange and Pink decals. Its a 22inch frame (centre of BB to centre-ish of toptube).

It was never built up into a full bike as he got bored of riding after I sold mine as a teenager in the mid nineties but basically bought the frame secondhand to upgrade an old Diamond Back Axis when the Specialized was about 5 years old (which is where most of the parts came from). It has all been dry stored in his garage since then.

***UPDATE* Prices added, may be way out but had to get them on here before thread locked***

Brief spec:

Frame/Forks/BB/headset/seatpost as above, says 'Made in Japan' in very good condition for age. No real chips but chainstay has surface rust where chain will have slapped in the past. It has smooth welds with no flanges which makes me believe it is a later frame. SOLD

Wheels - Mavic Energy M7CD 26 on Deore DX hubs with shimano qr's to accept hyperglide cassette Note: These wheels are pretty much mint for age, no chips, no tarnishing to eyelets/nipples just minor brake wearing marks to sidewalls. REDUCED TO £50.00

Gears - Deore XT short cage rear mech/Deore LX front mech with mint XT 7 speed SIS thumb shifters. Prices Shifters £35, Rear Mech £20, Front mech £10. Rear mech SOLD, shifters SOLD, Front mech SOLD

Crankset - Deore XT 175mm cranks FC- M730 and all chainwheels in very good nick with Shimano Deore beartrap pedals and clips/straps chainset SOLD, pedals SOLD

Brakes - 1989 Shimano Deore XT II 2 finger SLR levers in black with rubber hoods with a couple of very small marks to the ends of the levers, Part number BL-M733. 2 sets of 1990 Deore XT? cantilevers with half worn pads, these are missing the top bolt/washer to retain the brake cables - NO VISIBLE PART NO's?. There is also another earlier? Deore XT cantilever BR-M734 attached to the rear brake cable Right hand side of a pair, MORE DETAILED PHOTOS OF THESE ADDED TO PHOTOBUCKET SOLD

Seat - Selle Italia Turbo with gold metal front and rear bandings. SOLD

Zoom 140mm silver 22.2mm stem and Diamond Back 54cm wide Avenir bars. £10

Photos and more in links below \/ \/ \/

UPDATE 11/07/12............

MOST PARTS GONE, JUST WHEELS AND BAR/STEM LEFT

Hi

Don't worry too much about joining to sell, summertime in particular it happens a lot

Two things if I may...your thread will be locked shortly. We have a rule that we don't do just offers. When you place an advert for sale it must include a price..for example I'm after 250 but will listen to offers. So please put a price on your advert.

If you are unsure of a price try this thread that asks others for a valuation/guestimate on your bike

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... start=3570

IMG_4407.jpg

I'll take the seat and post please and the cranks and pedals. Let me have your details cheers

PM'd and mailed you.

sylus":3bru6lth said:

Thanks Sylus

Just responding to pm's fellas

Based in Chorley, Lancashire just in case anyone lives nearby. Parts can also be collected from Manchester M29 postcode too but will obviously post

Thanks Mike

Back