Specialized Rockhopper 98 Hack,Commuter, pub, SS or love

Charlieboy28

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Specialized Rockhopper 98 perfect for Hack Commuter, or to single speed. Bargain!!!

Will give it one shot before I break, cant get into the garage at all so prepared to take silly offers

I have put a lot of time and effort into this bike also before anyone starts, new shifters, cables where necessary, outers, bar ends etc etc, Bike has also been cleaned to within an inch of its life as it was a proper mess when I got it

Right I have for sale a 17 inch I believe (small anyway) Rockhopper which I think is a 98 as its made out of Ritchey Nitanium tubes. And many of the components match according to Bikepedia ,though metallic blue is not given as a colour, and this bike is metallic blue I think

Ignore bike is a 98 Rockhopper FS

bike is in good condition but does have a number of superficial scratches and scrapes in line with use and age, though no gouges or dents , still looks very pretty IMO.

Bike is 8 speed and comes with SRT-800 X ray shifters.
Onza Bar ends.
Spesh ally flat bar.
Spesh comfy saddle, possibly carbotech
Acera X front Mech,
STX rear Mech
Dia-Compe VC-757 brakes, Dia-Compe DP-7N levers
HubsFront: Specialized aluminum, Q/R, Rear: Ritchey aluminum quick release RimsFront: Ritchey Rock SCX, Rear: Ritchey Rock OCR, 32-hole
Strong Arm cranks which I now think are Expert and not son off, stand to be corrected though.
Spesh ally stem

Bike also comes fitted with virtually new Vee Rubber Slicks.
bike is fitted with rigid forks though these are suspension adjusted and a veryy good match, i didnt notice tell you the truth,til realised bike was an FS.

Bad bits are that one brake arm is fecked, though currently sourcing a new one, could do with new chain and pads, and the non drive side crank arm is not stock, but it a good looking and well matched replacement.

Looking for £130 posted to your door, but as I said need to get back into my garage and keen to get out of the bike selling game so prepared to take silly but not too silly offers.

Paypal gift preferred ,though cash is cool, and deals can be done for collection as it is a right hassle and arse having to post and packs bikes in my opinion.

Let me know if you have any questions or want more info.

Cheers

Charlieboy

update, bike is a rockhopper FS, lol.

should have come with Rockshox Indys, so looks like the forks have been changed.

Ey up Charlie!
I'm interested in complete bike for a mate and can offer £100 posted as my silly offer pending exact measurement in inches of top and seat tube (both centre to centre) though it does indeed look like a 17"
PM me to discuss?
Al

Oh Alex, the bike is sold matey and for a sillier offer than that, did you get the bars and were they ok, shifters are fab cheers matey

Back