Special edition Raleigh Medale for sale

BigFatAl":2b9rnapm said:
Alas, having ridden it for some time it was passed to my brother. This was circa 1985 when Peugeot Premiere framesets became (for a reason I was never able to fathom) freely available. In those days, when kids were allowed to be kids, a quick trip to Halfords would allow you to purchase a small tin of Nitromors and a can of car touch-up paint - solvent abuse and vandalism could then be pursued separately should one wish. The allure of a smooth brazed French frame, rattle canned in a colour of your choice proved irresistible. Should you have a friend (as I did) working in a bike shop, your frame could then be equipped with a selection of mismatched second-hand components - usually Simplex Retrofriction levers, Shimano 600EX gearset and any old brakes (Modolo seemed best, Weinmann less so). Your crowning glory was a pair of alloy wheels, equipped with the closest ratio block that you could find...

The Medale, I'm afraid was nicked outside a shop in Aldershot...

Sorry to hear it :-( you could offer me on this if you really want to but it's good that the post has bought back positive memories :) I've had great fun restoring this and it has received positive comments from cyclists like yourself!

I'm selling to fund my next project, the 1980s Raleigh Pursuit!

Back