SORTED: Rear Hub. Light. Disc. Tidy.

Re:

Don't be soft lad, I'll find a use for it.
Got a slightly newer but lonely ringle front hub so might end up pairing them at some point. Seems a nicely built bit of stuff so it'll find service one way or another.

You were right about the bearings they do feel a bit lumpy so I've got some replacements on order. Not dismantled one of these before so that'll be fun.

Re: WTD: Rear Hub. Light. Disc. Tidy.

No worries, just dont want anyone to be unhappy! I’m flogging stuff to make space not to make money. Cheers Ewan

I do have a new old stock diatech (diacompe) rear hub available, six bolt standard freehub. It can be used for weighing down bodies if required though.

But it is black

And unlikely to break.

Ever

cheers LGF, I have a few anchors too.
Not short of hubs (matched pairs of working hubs is another matter!)

The rims I have bagged are 'OK' for weight, not heavy but certainly not featherweight either, sometimes its nice to make the effort on these things but I'm not going to be crying over a few grams.

Budget is tight which is the main issue, otherwise lots of choices

Got some bearings in for the Ringle hub.
Found a service diagram online too and it looks simple enough :roll: so if I can't get my hands on something lighter before I get impatient it will do nicely.....
assuming the bearings go in as planned.

Would still like to find something a bit lighter though, closer to 300g than 400 would be good but that may be pushing it :D

RickTheUncivil":2n5d815q said:
Got some bearings in for the Ringle hub.
Found a service diagram online too and it looks simple enough :roll: so if I can't get my hands on something lighter before I get impatient it will do nicely.....
assuming the bearings go in as planned.

Would still like to find something a bit lighter though, closer to 300g than 400 would be good but that may be pushing it :D

Still clearing out, if Find anything good you get first dibs and a deal.

Re:

Hi Sorry to butt in on your post, but if that hope hub is going to be left in a box neglected and unappreciated, i could possibly give it a loving home. I think it would be happy and content laced to one of the rims im having off you.

Biffa":17vqiien said:
Found an old hope Pro but its 385g so not much better.

Which one is that? I never could keep up with the hope models, the new ones or the old

Back