SOLD - Weenie Retro - Scott Boulder Frameset

ovlov440

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Scott Boulder Frameset

Comes as pictured - DB Tange frame, forks, headset (good) original Ritchey stem, Scott branded seatpost, bottom bracket (needs greasing but don't have the correct lug/pin spanner) and cro-mo handlebars. Also fitted is the original QR and bottom bracket cable guide.

Frame is good and straight. All decals are there but frame is 'used' not abused so some marks etc. Most importantly there is no rust (other than a couple of small surface patches on the inside of the drive side seatstay)

Measurements:

Seattube c-c 14.5"
Seattube c-t 15.5"
Top tube c-c 20.5"

This takes a standard 26" wheel.

Would prefer collection but will box and post at cost.

£40

Ade

Attachments

• SAM_0349.JPG
    SAM_0349.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 615
  • SAM_0348.JPG
    SAM_0348.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 615
  • SAM_0347.JPG
    SAM_0347.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 615
  • SAM_0346.JPG
    SAM_0346.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 615
  • SAM_0345.JPG
    SAM_0345.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 615
  • SAM_0344.JPG
    SAM_0344.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 615
Re:

May be interested, can the BB be removed OK? Also what's the head tube measure length and diameter please? Any idea on seat post size and seat tube diameter for FM?

Re:

:facepalm:

Would be perfect for what I'm looking to do next, but thankfully I'm totally skint right now...GLWS!

Re: Weenie Retro - Scott Boulder Frameset

To be honest I haven't tried too hard as I don't have the right tools for it, but if the rest of the bike is anything to go by it should do. All the other parts came off cleanly and had been greased properly. The seatpost came out with no resistance and I have looked down the seattube and seen nothing that would suggest a problem. I have photographed the best I can what is down there

Attachments

• SAM_0350.JPG
    SAM_0350.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 597
Re:

Just I know from past experiences what that style of BB can be like to remove, when they have been in a long time! Would take it (would have to be posted tho) if you can confirm it will come out?

Re: Weenie Retro - Scott Boulder Frameset

ok - I borrowed the correct tools from my neighbour and have removed everything except the drive side cup. The non-drive side came out pretty easy and I think my lack of success with the drive side is down to the quality of the only adjustable between us that will fit. Everything inside looks clean with no visible rust at all.

Re:

Probably needs the proper tool, I had a major issue removing the same BB type from an Alpinestars last year. Needed a 4 foot bar and a long spanner the right size at the finish, I just don't want to part with the dosh and find it won't come out. :oops:

Back