SOLD Trek 700 Multitrack 700c wheeled commuter/ gentle trail

Minifreak

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Now SOLD

Hey guys, bought this bike recently as a little project due to seeing it looking very sad in a local 2nd hand shop. It's been completely stripped and everything serviced. I've replaced all the cable inners and some of the bearings, they have all been re greased. Performed flawlessly after rebuild on the test ride, a really nice bike for the money.

Largely original spec but I have changed the following:

Rear mech to a Shinano Exage 300LX
Saddle to a new Specialized Body Geometry
Pedals to VP components combined cage/clipless
Handlebar to a ClubRoost GoFast (I can change to a black riser bar or silver straight bar if preferred)
Comes with a lovely gold Velocity bottle cage too :)

The rear tyre is a very good condition Panaracer Mach SS, front is a tan wall with lots of tread.

The drive chain has very little wear, everything works well.

Lovely candy red metallic paint, some age related chips which have been coated with rust converter.

Full rack and guard eyelets so would make a fantastic commuter with the bigger wheels or a bike to get out on the less rough trails. It rides really nicely, just have no use for it myself.

Seatpost shown at max height, stem has adjustment up/down. White stuff is grease on the seatpost, not damage.

Dimensions are:

Bottom bracket to centre of top tube 17.4" (19" to seat clamp)
Top tube 21.5"
Headtube 3 3/4"
(Different sizing than a 26" MTB)

Looking for £45 collected or £65 posted. Located in Rainham, Kent.

Re: Trek 700 Multitrack 700c wheeled commuter/ gentle trail bike

Easter Sunday bump. If you collect I have a box of retro parts I'm happy for you to go through and take anything you like :)

Re: Trek 700 Multitrack 700c wheeled commuter/ gentle trail bike

I'm 5 11" and ride with the seat a lot lower than in the pic. Stem can be raised more as well. I do have some higher rise Azonic riser bars I'll bung in as an extra if you'd like them.

You'll be very happy, it rides beautifully :)

Back