SOLD "The Riddler" Overbury's Frame and Fork

the_duke

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
It is with a heavy heart that I have to sell my pride and joy. Needs must and all that.

Frame was purchased via ebay in a sorry state. A repair was made to the head tube area following some minor front end damage (completed by Argos)

It was observed by Andy Powell (builder) and confirmed as one of his but he couldn't (wouldn't) say when it was made other than late 90's.

It is certainly v-brake specific making it post 1996. U/K tubeset but a nice light, zingy frame, fillet brazed at all joints and custom painted and lacquered by Graphicshack in Bristol. A paint scheme based on an early Overbury's bike.

The forks are NON ORIGINAL but were chosen based on custom forks available at or around the time by the shop.

Condition -

This has been ridden no more than a dozen times. The paint is still perfect bar one small nick / chain suck on the chain stay.

Sizes -

Top tube is 21.5" from centre of seat tube to centre of head tube.
Seat tube is 17.5" from centre of bb to centre of top tube
or
18" from centre of bb to top of top tube.

It has a 1" head tube and the forks are threaded. INCLUDED in the sale is a Stronglight roller bearing headset, which was NOS when fitted, and a XT sharkfin. I will also INCLUDE the white Goodridge cables and ferrules if wanted.

I am looking for £350 posted to UK, fully insured. I will post abroad but additional cost could be incurred. It is a bit of a shot in the dark but be assured that a paint job like this would alone command most of that and a boring white Dogs Bolx even more! :LOL:

p1010980o.jpg

p1010979o.jpg

p1010975u.jpg

p1010967w.jpg

p1010970g.jpg

Viewing in Bristol is possible as is collection. Both are welcomed in fact!

A full thread on this bike can be found here, http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0

Any questions pm or post here. No dibs as I need the cash so 1st come 1st serve (he says hoping for any takers! :LOL: )

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

don't do it, you'll regret selling it after such a beautiful rebuild.

Khane":10ukytuj said:
Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

don't do it, you'll regret selling it after such a beautiful rebuild.

+1

Don't do it :shock:

Luke, do what you have to do fella... I know, I've been there in the last month or so... ;)

Gutted for ya, but she's a stunner and I'm sure will go to a good home.. :cool: :cool:

GLWS..

Believe me I have thought long and hard and it is simple economics. If I dont fix my car I don't get to work and I lose my job.

Besides, I know that anyone here would be a great choice to rebuild and get as much out of it as I did, more even. I would be proud to see it moved on in a way :D

Come on guys, you know you want it.........

GT-Steve":19m6y7h3 said:
Luke, do what you have to do fella... I know, I've been there in the last month or so... ;)

Gutted for ya, but she's a stunner and I'm sure will go to a good home.. :cool: :cool:

GLWS..

Cheers mate, fingers crossed. Sure I can't tempt you into leaving that devils work ti for some real deal steel :LOL:

Back