SOLD - Scott Pro-Evolution frame, 1991, E-Stay

jimo746

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
SOLD!!!

Time for this frame to move onto pastures new.

It's a 1991 Scott Pro-Evolution e-stay design frame in very good condition.
The steel frame itself was renovated last year by Bob Jackson cycles, stove enamelled, and new decals made by gil_m were applied, and whilst it's had some use inbetween then and now it's still in excellent shape, with just a few stonechips here & there. There are a couple of small dings on the downtube which I could have had filled when it was renovated, but I thought they added to the patina and history of the frame, and they are of no structural signifficance (good 'ol steel!).

This frame doesn't seem to appear in any of the Scott brochures for that period that I could see, so it's hard to say what tubeset was used, whether it be Tange, or something specced by Scott.

Included with the frame are a rigid fork (not original but suits the frame well), the original Scott/Marzocchi suspension fork (holds air but clunks on top-out so probably needs oil/ a service), Ritchey headset, original bars and stem, original seatpost and Scott branded q/r, Shimano BB, and the Charge Bucket saddle which matches the frame colours and looks suitably retro in shape.

Dimensions measured as best I can are as follows...

centre BB to centre top tube = 17.5"

centre seat tube to centre head tube = 22"

What you have is an almost "as new" frame and associated parts, if you're planning to go to iconoclassic then this frame is ready to accept whatever parts you throw on it and should turn a few heads at least.

I'm asking £110 delivered, or you can collect from Aberdeen area.

You can view the build thread by clicking on the "1991Scott Pro-Evolution" text in my signature below...

Some dirt under the helitape on the pic below, not paint damage...

Ding on the downtube...

Suspension fork...

Schraeder valve on each leg for air...

Back