SCOTT carbon UNISHOCK Clark Kent design retro suspension fork 1991. Lets take a look!

fguki

Senior Retro Guru
I wouldnt necessarily call them "rare" but its surely very nice to find an absolut superb 1991 origin SCOTT Unishock retro suspension fork (Clark Kent design). With the carbon tubes and blue anodized parts! A real beauty! I am assuming this is a slight later version than the original of 1991.

I took the chance to complete a brand new elastomer kit for those! Available, now!

SCOTT Unishock retro suspension fork Elastomers of Falko Schlötel Germany 01.jpg

SCOTT Unishock retro suspension fork Elastomers of Falko Schlötel Germany 02.jpg

SCOTT Unishock retro suspension fork Elastomers of Falko Schlötel Germany 03.png

SCOTT Unishock retro suspension fork Elastomers of Falko Schlötel Germany 04.jpeg

SCOTT Unishock retro suspension fork Elastomers of Falko Schlötel Germany 05.jpeg

Nice find and indeed something rare.

I think it's an Unishock LFR from most likely 1994, as this was the only one with CNC milled arch.
On the right at this picture
scott-1994-federgabeln-jpg.1842129

The blue brake arch of yours looks nice and but is different to the one from the 1994 catalog.

Someone in Germany came recently across of a LFR with yellow arch

Last edited:
Ive seen that post, too :) I have now learned that this fork was used on a limited edition (1996) SCOTT Pro Racing. Along with PAUL brakes, tech-lite levers etc ...

1996 SCOTT Pro Racing UNISHOCK carbon fork PAUL cantilever brakes blue.jpg

Ive seen that post, too :) I have now learned that this fork was used on a limited edition (1996) SCOTT Pro Racing. Along with PAUL brakes, tech-lite levers etc ...

View attachment 810091

I tend to disagree, this seem to me rather a custom home-grown build as parts like the Unishock fork had been pretty outdated already at 1996 (when regular Scott bikes came with Judy forks)

But actually the 1994 Unishock VFR was used at a "Pro Only" Scott model, the yellow one with Easton aluminium frame.
Linking to an old post
and adding user @skolioza
It came with the exact same custom parts like Grafton Cranks, Tech Lite Lever, Paul brakes as on the bike above.
Scott Pro Only eBay Kleinanzeigen 5.jpg

The Scott Pro Only models itself have been discussed here a few times.
Most say those never had been on sale to regular customers, but sold to employees, dealers as demo bike or to bike rental stations etc.
There had been a few different models from roughly 1989-95.

My guess is that someone has re-used all the nice components of an old / or defect yellow Pro Only model with a newer frame or maybe even an re-placement frame?

Most of the yellow Pro Only have been meanwhile anyhow dismantled just for the nice tuning parts 🫣

Last edited:
Great info ..thanks.

Yeah, well, I was just quoting someone who seemed to have knowledge about it from my facebook-post about the fork.

All recalled by Scott of course, makes them even better.
You're quite lucky as mine are still not fully apart. This was the elastomer upgrade kit for the older springs.

Many other threads too.

1704958965458.png

Last edited:
No problem! I can do whatever elastomer kit one needs or wants for it ... I will make one of these too, as you show here.

I would assume thats 8x 32 (height) elastomers and 2x about 15mm (height) rebound-elastomers with separation-spacers in total.

However, there were full elastomer versions and spring versions of this fork. Mine is a full elastomer version. The very early ones were steel spring version.

Yep that's the replacement upgrade for the steel springs.

It Seems a nice longish post with info has vanished, pictures and models et

There's an older one and it pictures that are broken. And a few others.

Mine on the other hand, as mentioned still isn't apart and one bolt at the bottom cracked in half.
So much black gooo everywhere.. Ex-MCUs

Can just see the goo seeping out the bottom here. I might have to have another go at getting the last elastomer holder bit in the stanchion undone. Yet another 94 LFR

WhatsApp Image 2018-04-22 at 12.15.35.jpeg

Last edited:
Show me that bolt please

A HUGE help with molten elastomers and therefore glued together tubes is a heat gun! Old elastomers will melt like candle wax with heat and then the tubes come off MUCH more easy.

Latest posts

Back