(SOLD) Rare Serotta MAX 853 frame for sale

cybernck

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Due to lack of time, I'm abandoning my latest project, based on Serotta MAX 853 frame (for sale in this topic), which gives you a very rare chance to own this serious peace of steel from USA's top frame manufacturer! If you haven't heard of Serotta yet, Google it up and drool over their steel and titanium creations.

More photos: http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/cyber ... t=9&page=1

Anyway, here's some actually useful info, i.e. measurements:

Top tube length (c-c): 54.5 cm
Virtual TT length (c-c): 56 cm
Seat tube length (c-t): 46 cm
Head tube length: 10.3 cm
Head tube diameter: 1"

I believe this translates to 18" sizing in MTB terms or "small to medium" going by my judgement and common sense.

I'd forgotten to measure the seat post diameter, but FD clamp size is 31.8, which should give you a clue. Having mentioned seatpost, included is sought-after black Syncros seatpoost (currently missing half of the clamp, but I might have it somewhere). It doesn't want to get out, so it may be stuck, but I haven't tried using any force on it yet - so I'll just presume it's stuck, in lack of better information. Also included are: seatpost clamp, bottle cage and "sharkfin" rear stay protector.

It is possible to use 1-1/8" fork with custom external headset (proven, as it had previously been used like that).

The frame requires some touch-ups to the paintwork but it's solid otherwise.

I did a mock-up build with different setups and it looked seriously good:

Literally no idea how much is it worth, as I couldn't find any sold ones, so I'll say £250 + shipping but open to all sorts of fair/serious offers!

Thanks, Nikica.

EDIT: Sold on ebay.

Re: Rare Serotta MAX 853 frame for sale

Thats a serious bit of steel for that money.

Back