Sold - Marin Dual suspension mountain bike £130

Re: Marin Dual suspension mountain bike £130

I'm near Wymondham in Norfolk, the bike is currently at my brothers in Lowestoft in Suffolk , thanks for the info on the bike

Re:

Not that it makes much odds, but it's likely a later model as has the squared swingarm brace - the early bikes had the round "torque tube" braces on the swingarm (they were the ones which mostly cracked!) so square is better..
It could be a '96/97 frame that got a warranty replacement Marin issued when they realised the cracking problems, otherwise it's a 98 onwards.

As Osella says above, I suspect it's a 1998/99 model - assuming most of the pictured components are original, the downtube looks slightly ovalized and the swing arm is squared too. This would be the year after the famous 1998 'Orange' Mount Vision (beefed up swingarm - as opposed to the thinner '97 swing arm that had snapping issues).
My 1998 Mount Vision is still going strong - would love to have a crack at refurbishing this one but alas the good lady would chuck me out....
Is this one a 17.5" or a 19" frame? So much potential regardless.

I'm located near Wymondham but the bike is currently with my brother in Lowestoft

Closing thread and posting new thread in 1998-> thread as from your help I think the bike is a 98/99 Marin Mount Vision

Back