SOLD - Klein rascal in gator fade

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I bought this from GT Steve a few years ago now, and aside from making a few minor changes to it, and a few trips around the local park (probably less than 20 miles), I have come to the realisation that I'm not going to get much use out of it so it is finally time to let it go. It's a very good spec:

Frame: Klein rascal in gator fade

Fork: Klein spinner in gator fade

Headset: Shimano deore XT threaded
Stem: Klein MC1
Handlebar: Klein MC1
Grips: ODI - closed/round end mushroom style.
Barends: N/a

Brakes: Shimano XTR M900
Brake Pads: Shimano XTR M900
Brake Cables: Shimano XT
Cantilever cable hangers: Joes in turquoise
Brake Levers: Shimano XTR M900

Shifters: Shimano XTR M900
Front Derailleur: Shimano XTR M900
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR M900
Derailleur Cables: Shimano XT
Cassette: Shimano XTR M900 (I think)
Chain: Shimano XTR M900 (I think)
Cranks: Cook Bros in black
Crank Bolts: ?
Chainrings: Cooks and middleburn (from memory, it's been tucked away since I moved last August)
Chainring bolts:
Bottom Bracket: Klein push fit bearings
Pedals: I can include some nice XT flats

Hub Skewers: Ringle holeys in turquoise
Rims: Campag (Stheno I think) in silver
Hubs: Ringle bubba (Cassette at the rear)
Nipples: ?
Spokes: ?
Tyres: Onza anber walls, can't remember which
Tubes: ?

Saddle: Flite
Seatpost: Black control tech or nos corratec turquoise
Seatpost Binder: Ringle holey in turquoise
Bottle cage: Ringle H2O in turquoise

I was thinking about splitting this and keeping some bits for future builds (such as the wheels and QRs), but think that I should let it all go as one, as it is such a nice looking build, plus I don't know when or what my next build will be outside of what I have in the garage.

I have some extras I can also include in the price - some touch up paint from JonRock, some new bearings for the BB (Nothing wrong with the ones in there at all, they are nice and smooth, I just bough some spares for as/when they needed replacing. I've also got another BB axle as well I will include.

Condition of the frame is excellent, I would say mint. It has one area on the down tube where a small patch has chipped, and also a tiny bit of chain suck (I should also mention it has the Klein chin such plates fitted as well). Aside from that it is spotless, no cracks in the usual areas Kleins go (well I should really say no cracks or dents anywhere) and the paint job vibrant (the photobucket pics are very washed out as it was too sunny when they were taken on a camera phone). The MC1 has a few marks, but nothing too ugly. At one point I was going to get them sprayed in gator fade, but they don't warrant that so changed my mind (along with getting some Judys resprayed as wel).

So, down to the price. I paid £950 plus £20 delivery. Since then I have accumulated the spares and paint, changed a couple of chain rings as the originals were slipping, changed the seat post and saddle (as it came with 'orange' branded ones) and also one of the M900 brakes, as there was something not right with one arm.

I'm after £1000 plus postage of choice. I could deliver within a radius of my house or arrange time for collection.

I've only got one pic of the build at the moment, and a few more on photobucket (http://s965.photobucket.com/user/Ian_Sh ... amp;page=1), I will take some more detailed ones on Monday. It really is a beautiful bike, and one I wanted to keep, but I am trying to get down to 5 bikes that I will ride, and sadly this one is unlikely to fit into that equation so it has to go.

Attachments

• IMG_0352.JPG
    IMG_0352.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 1,597
Re: Klein rascal in gator fade

Linseneintopf":29nd0i5n said:
is it 19 or 20 inch??
Not sure to be honest. I will try and get detailed measurements up as soon as I can, though this may have to wait until Monday now as I am busy all day tomorrow and will need daylight to unwrap it and take pics/measurements.

Bump , I forgot I also have a spare rim I will throw in too.

Need funds as my car has just gone wrong so ......

I could split if the frame and fork and mc1 sells. £500 for the package.

OMG that is lovely!

Perfect finish and size!!!!

I'm gonna have to see what I can get rid of to make some funds for this....

Tony....

I would consider swaps/part ex, maybe a road bike, maybe another mtb, but cash preferred.

Back