SOLD. Alpinestars unicorn content within...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MEGA (crisis) sale... Alpinestars unicorn content within...

Thanks for the messages and kind words from all, especially K.A., very deep and meaningful and pretty accurate. And TC I think you once told me a long time ago about the happiness factor and whilst this hunt, scavenge, challenge et cetera has certainly created happiness for the main, I just want this stiff to go away cos it's making me very anxious. I can't give it away for less than it's really worth (or in the main, for what it cost me!) but I can't be arsed for any of it so I feel ready to pass onto someone who'll love them as much or more than me. If the Al Mega splits, I might keep the fuselage myself, because I have a space on the wall for it anyway, as was the plan for when the Ti was gonna be built.

Emails and PMs and dibs noted.

Not going to bother replying to them individually unless someone wants the whole shebang!

Cheers.

Re:

Whilst I don't know your situation in full/detail. I had a little purge on some of my projects and it was very cathartic, I was getting troubled by unfinished bikes and not feeling the ones I had.

Since have my clear out I can now see the wood through the trees.

Re:

At a loss for words, after the year you've had meeting all the good and great of the MTB world I'm glad your keeping one back and staying Retro.

I guess they are little more than ornaments until you ride them and its the memories you have when you do that makes them special.

I love my Ozone far more than the Manitou for the miles of smiles its given me. So glad your keeping my favourite one though!

Can you put me on the list for the M2's if they don't go with the frame ?

Nick

Re: MEGA (crisis) sale... Alpinestars unicorn content within...

Thanks Spud mate, your kind words mean a lot. The big problem for me which makes me (even more than usual) anxious and stressed is that I really want to ride it but I'll HAD myself for doing so. I just can't bring myself to riding NOS. And the plan to just build the Ti and gawp at it also makes me stress, cos I'll always have the urge to ride it. Can't live with the quandary so I'd rather part them out to someone who'll be happy to look at them, or rode them, guilt free, or if it goes down to splitting, helping people find the elusive M900 they've been seeking to compliment or finish their build. :cool:

Re:

hi regan retro junkie here so glad i met you at icono-classic this year and was able to stare in amazement at your bikes. for me no one did it like you,and i could see your passion for your bikes in massive bundles,whats more you were so approachable and shared an interest in my bikes on the day (blue sbike and red rourke and orange ultimate).

i trust your not dissapearing altogether matey that would be a sad day indeed. i guess there comes a time in all of us when things have to give one way or another and we have to split with our prized possessions.on the up side there is going to be some lucky people out there who are going to get some top quality goodies that they just couldnt get any where else

hope it all goes well for you and look forward to seeing you at icono next year if possible

regards
rich :xmas-wink: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-cool:

Re: Re:

Thanks Al and Rich!
Not going anywhere, this place - RB and the members - saved my life. Simple. And I feel a part of the fraternity here for sure. Keeping two bikes, I'll NEVER sell those but I never said I wouldn't sell the ones that are on sale here, so I hope they go to good homes. I'd prefer they went complete, but if I have to split, so be it. I think the XTR is all dibbed except the fuselage, the M2 from the Ti build kit are popular (four takers on those so far ha!) and I'm sure there'll be someone keen to get hold of the rest, just as I was when I got it. TBH even if I'm left with the frames I don't really mind, I have a display still planned involving my Yeti axe, some jerseys, my Repack and Geoff waigh posters and at least one frame that I have in the garage (which I haven't mentioned anywhere on the forum) that I was gonna stick up on the wall, but maybe there's room for the Megas too. I just want the parts to help someone with a build and help myself to stop frigging stressing about them. I really can't wait to ride the yellow one, and that was previously not an option because of the others I've got, so I'm keeping it real and manageable. Cheers Rich, I'll see you at Icono next year i hope. Who knows, maybe I'll have done another loop by then and got myself something else?! 8 months is a long time in my ever-changing world so who knows what'll happen?! :p

(BUMP)

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":lld1xmxk said:
The History Man":lld1xmxk said:
Something you can't keep forever. Built in obsolescence.

http://www.hansflowers.co.uk/flower_workshops.html

;)

Archie wants his cables back!

Jase are you tuned in on a different frequency to the rest of us :shock:
Haha course he is, the good thing is that he and I both know this, it's all good.
No problem on the cables Jason, you've beaten me to it in fact, as I would've realised soon when rooting through the cupboards for other stuff that they were given to me for this build. PM me your details buddy. Or you can wait till MM2017 :)
ps. I'm not down with those flowery things. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back