SOLD: 26" Mavic MA40 rims and DT Swiss spokes PRICE RED

hopster":17ovkg5m said:
Be prepared for lots of swearing and broken tyre levers. Those rims are b@stards to get tyres on and off.

It was a problem in the days pre kevlar bead-just use folding tyres and you'll be fine. I've just built up two sets and didn't even need the tyre levers to get a set of hi-lite hots and a set of z-maxes on!

Sooooo tempted!!

Had a set of these bitd & they were awesome!!!

Did snap 4 sets of tyre levers & bend several of my mums best spoons trying to get one f@$%ing tyre off them though. Had to take it down to klimbhigh in the end to get it off :oops:

Serge bike junky":er92f55a said:
Sooooo tempted!!

Had a set of these bitd & they were awesome!!!

Did snap 4 sets of tyre levers & bend several of my mums best spoons trying to get one f@$%ing tyre off them though. Had to take it down to klimbhigh in the end to get it off :oops:
Don't be shy, they'll look lovely on whatever you've got :D

Hmmmmm, MA40s tempting but the spoke count is rare. It's difficult to find decent mountain cassette hubs in 28 hole. I've seen some Cannondale Coda hubs on ebay.com going really cheap but I've already got a pair of 32 hole MA40s waiting for build-up, this is a WANT rather than a NEED!

I had a pair of these built up on my very first Bear Valley (pre-zolatone) and used Ground Control S folding tyres - complete git to get on and off the rim! I also had a set of Turbo S road tyres and I used to do the Hilly 10 at my local road club on my GT LTS!

I'll have a think...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back