SOLD: 1998 GT STS-LOBO DH

backinthedaydh

Old School Hero
A rare opportunity to purchase an exceptional example of a downhill classic, a 1998 GT STS-LOBO DH.

Frame: Medium/17in with Rock Shox Pro Deluxe Pull Shock, 6.5” travel
Fork: Rock Shox Boxxer Pro, 6” travel
Brakeset: Hope C2 Closed Hydraulic Discs: Sport Levers, GT rear/Boxxer No 6 callipers
Shifter: Shimano XTR RapidFire SL
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR SGS Rapidrise
Chain Guide: MRP World Cup
Crankset: AC Adventure Components, 46 tooth ring.
Pedals: Wellgo flats
Bottom Bracket: Shimano BB-M950, 68mm English thread, 116mm spindle
Seatpost: Thomson Elite 31.6mm
Saddle: SDG Ventura Comp
Handlebar: Azonic Double Wall Riser, 2”
Stem: Kore B-52
Headset: 1 1/8th Threadless WTB Greaseguard
Hubs: Hope Big’Un Mk2 Rear, Hope Bulb Mk 1 Front
Rims: Mavic 521 SUP, 32 hole
Tyres: Michelin Wildgripper DH 26x2.20

The bike is 100% period and as originally spec’d, with exception to:

1. MRP chain device (period correct with earlier brand font CNC work), which replaces the AC chain device as standard. This could be considered a period upgrade over the AC version.
2. Wellgo flat pedals which replace the standaed red finished Shimano DX spd/flat originals.
3. Hope/Mavic 521 wheel setup over Hope Big’Un Mk 1/Sun Rhyno-lite originals.

Everything on the bike is original and in excellent condition and fully functioning, including the rear shock and rebound damping.

Some parts show sign of light wear and use, for example the original tyres, the crank arms have some heel rub, there are some light scratches to the pedals, handlebars, stem and stem cap. The Hope lever reservoir caps have markings from servicing. The scuff through the Kevlar cornered SDG seat.

However as you can see the forks, frame and fragile decals are all but unmarked.

I have a lot of period components that would compliment the bike if you wanted to exchange any part to achieve a sale, so this could be discussed.

I have owned the bike since about 2004/2005, the bike has been ridden a handful of times since (and not DH), partly due to the fact I have a second STS Lobo which is 100% original (which I am keeping and unlikely to ever part with). I have come to the realisation that having two bikes that are near identical and in very similar condition is not necessary. Neither get ridden that often and they are very much sought-after, rare bikes that carry a lot of nostalgia for many people.

I’d like to offer the opportunity to own this Lobo to someone else. As such, am looking to sell to someone that would respectfully cherish the ownership as much as I have done.

The Lobo will be advertised exclusively here for a week, it’ll then be offered on other online forums.

SOLD. (Sale negotiated to include insured European delivery service).

I’d welcome you to enquire via PM if you are interested in buying, if you provide your telephone number I will phone you to discuss further.

I will post the bike (boxed extremely well) at your cost, but will carry no liability once it has left my hands.

PHOTOS:

Attachments

• IMG_2597.jpg
    IMG_2597.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 1,325
  • IMG_2596.jpg
    IMG_2596.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 1,325
  • IMG_2593.jpg
    IMG_2593.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 1,325
  • IMG_2590.jpg
    IMG_2590.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 1,325
  • IMG_2588.jpg
    IMG_2588.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 1,325
  • IMG_2585.jpg
    IMG_2585.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 1,325
  • IMG_2581.jpg
    IMG_2581.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 1,325
Re: FOR SALE: 1998 GT STS-LOBO DH

Surprised there's not even a hint of admiration for an iconic bike like the STS-Lobo.

I'll probably advertise outside of retrobike sooner than anticipated. Thought I'd give fellow enthusiasts the opportunity first.

If you want to make offers, I'm listening.

Re: FOR SALE: 1998 GT STS-LOBO DH

Lovely bike but the thermo's seem to be a very odd bike..generally not a lot of love for them as I see it on rb

don't get me wrong..I think it's an excellent example...with interesting pricing

I would advertise it externally also...glws

Beautiful! I built a few of these up back in the day when I worked for a GT dealer. I would have been interested myself but a DH9 has just elbowed it's way into my garage!!

Back