Snowflakes in July …

Retro Spud":15h6wnsr said:
kingoffootball":15h6wnsr said:
Retro Spud":15h6wnsr said:
Anyone for a crows foot

I still need to get these tensioned and trued by someone with some competence:

WTF :shock:

If I accept this is for real

Q.1 How the hell do you tension a spoke that's bowed without pulling it straight :?:

Q.2 What kind of pattern is that ..... it's deffo nothing like I've seen before, and certainly not a crows foot

Q.3 Is there any strength in the design

get it finished I wanna see it built :D

Sorry, no, they are not crows foot, just another different lacing - called 3-leading 3-trailing. Easier in some respects, as they only require one length of spoke. I'll try to take them down to my LBS to get them tensioned and trued.

Re: Re:

Jussa":10i5ffab said:
I love Snowflakes :D and despite what people say about them, I (Touch wood) have not had any issues with mine.

Picture is when they were fitted to my Clockwork.

file.php

That's bloody lovely .. More pics ?

Re:

Greetings, back in the day (distant past) we tied, and soldered our sprint, and sometimes criterium rear spokes using high flange hubs. I admit however your's do indeed look cool.
Regards

Re: Re:

kalex":1cqh2gxe said:
I know there all tensioned up, but do they ping or Creek at any time

Not at all, they ride exactly the same as cross three...even the rear one

biggest difference is when you stop the kids look at the antique your riding and then the Snowflake
and it blows their mind, lets face it the poor sods ain't never gonna ride a 29er or a 650b with a flake

if you ever get the urge to scratch the itch and have snowflake, go for it

Re:

I'd love to have a go a building my own, but even just doing the basic lacing pattern I measure everything about 10 times to make sure I get the correct spokes. This would fry my brain lol

they do look very fetching though

Back