SLICK ROCK JD suspension.

Skeeter1

Kona Fan
I couldn't resist this at a car boot on Sunday for £2!
I mean I wouldn't even entertain bolting this to my current build and the fact that it weighs not far off the same as a wet breeze block!
This however got my attention, just to put on the shelf with my collection,I have to say I've never seen or heard of these EVER?
Can anyone shed any light on this stem please. PXL_20231106_162504438.jpg

Hi, almost same question came up last week in the German Classic-Bike forum
Just the shown JD Slick Rock suspension stem was anodized 3DV / purple one.

JD Components was an Taiwanese Bike parts brand.

Maybe most known are their bottle cages (not my pictures) with a bit of an iconic "snake" design.
JD components Flaschenhalter purple.jpg jd components bottle_cage_1626585720_1cbb91c8_progressive.jpg

The suspension stem was offered roughly 1994-1997, and at least aligned a bit on the design of the Allsop Softride suspension stem, introduced in 1992
Allsop Softride Front Suspension Vorstellung aus Bike 3 1992.jpg
Technically the JD one was a bit different as this wasn't using an parallelogram like the Allsop but a single pivot for the stem and bar, the other one is just for the damper.

JD components Suspension stem manual.jpg

The same suspension stem was also sold with different brand logos, like ABT or Kalin.
ABT suspension stem aus BW1994.jpg
but there had been quite a number of other brands and logos too.

Last edited:
Hi, almost same question came up last week in the German Classic-Bike forum
Just the shown JD Slick Rock suspension stem was anodized 3DV / purple one.

JD Components was an Taiwanese Bike parts brand.

Maybe most known are their bottle cages (not my pictures) with a bit of an iconic "snake" design.
View attachment 793995 View attachment 793999

The suspension stem was offered roughly 1994-1997, and at least aligned a bit on the design of the Allsop Softride suspension stem, introduced in 1992
View attachment 793996
Technically the JD one was a bit different as this wasn't using an parallelogram like the Allsop but a single pivot for the stem and bar, the other one is just for the damper.

View attachment 794000

The same suspension stem was also sold with different brand logos, like ABT or Kalin.
View attachment 793997
but there had been quite a number of other brands and logos too.
Wow.... Thank you so much for all that information,I'm now going to love them a little bit more from now on.

I'm so intrigued as to how they perform...But that could be for another project... maybe a gimmick build bike maybe?? Ha ha

Thanks again.

Ian

Back