Site Suggestions (and Issues) Thread

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Now we've moved to xenforo from phpbb seemed the right time to setup a new site suggestions and issues thread.

Will lock the old thread accordingly.

Everything should hopefully pretty much work given we are no longer using software which went EOL a decade ago and given there is now virtually none of my own shoddy code in use :cool:

Still sure there will be the odd snag and issue going forward.

I preferred the square avatars. Most images in the world are indeed square-ish. Obviously not critical.

While I am delighted that the site has been updated - thank you very much, I am really not a fan of the current appearance and layout. Can the appearance and more particularly the side bars be altered or removed please?
Many thanks

I wonder if we could have a bit of dumbed down guide of the new layout? Something as simple as “this button (or buttons) do the equivalent of the old ____ button”
Lots of good stuff in the new layout but I must admit it takes me longer to find the stuff I want to find. & I do miss the little yellow unread flags.

I’ve wondered for some time if the “How much is my XYZ worth” sub forum could / should have a minimum post count rule applied?

I suppose there are pros and cons to it however, as if it’s a newbie asking the question (which it often is) and they can’t ask that question there, will they ask it somewhere else, causing clutter (though I suppose it could be deleted by admin?).

We get people popping in to asking the question only for them or whatever they wanted valued never to be seen again - probably to sell it privately off-site.

I’ve wondered for some time if the “How much is my XYZ worth” sub forum could / should have a minimum post count rule applied?

I suppose there are pros and cons to it however, as if it’s a newbie asking the question (which it often is) and they can’t ask that question there, will they ask it somewhere else, causing clutter (though I suppose it could be deleted by admin?).

We get people popping in to asking the question only for them or whatever they wanted valued never to be seen again - probably to sell it privately off-site.

I dont think thats a bad thing personally, the site is meant as a resource and somewhere for others to go to find info, including the values of items.

When googlieing bikes/images i have come across quite a few from the RB site that pop a "page cannot be displayed/does not exist" type page on the site.

I personally think it should be moved to be a sub forum of the For Sale section.
I also think it's used as the 'off me a price' section sometimes.

When googlieing bikes/images i have come across quite a few from the RB site that pop a "page cannot be displayed/does not exist" type page on the site.
Post some examples up,
the forum guru may be able to solve the redirects if needed.

Back