Sintesi wing pro

STX-RC

Marin Fan
Hello everybody!

Sintesi wing pro special, seems ultra rare and expensive according to google results. Only found one example for 3000 USD. I think mine is even closer to the original condition than that one. Lovely piece of real quality craftmanship. Easton Elite tubes, frame built by Verlicchi. Someone gave me the info that it's a Gary Fisher paragon frame, weighs around 1.5 kgs. Marzocchi fork, Stx-rc groupset, Ambrosio rims, i think all from the original build. Original Sintesi seatpost and saddle, in good condition, shape and feeling is the same or very similar to a flite saddle. The bike was used as an urban commuter in Switzerland by a little lady for some years, only for going shopping sometimes.
Pics speak for themselves.
What do you think? 20211018_075134.jpg 20211018_074501.jpg 20211018_074444.jpg 20211018_075105.jpg 20211018_075114.jpg 20211018_074922.jpg 20211018_075049.jpg

Last edited:
Hello everybody!

Sinttesi wing pro special, seems ultra rare and expensive according to google results. Only found one example for 3000 USD. I think mine is even closer to the original condition than that one. Lovely piece of real quality craftmanship. Easton Elite tubes, frame built by Verlicchi. Someone gave me the info that it's a Gary Fisher paragon frame, weighs around 1.5 kgs. Marzocchi fork, Stx-rc groupset, Ambrosio rims, i think all from the original build. Original Sinttesi seatpost and saddle, in good condition, shape and feeling is the same or very similar to a flite saddle. The bike was used as an urban commuter in Switzerland by a little lady for some years, only for going shopping sometimes.
Pics speak for themselves.
What do you think?View attachment 657550View attachment 657551View attachment 657552View attachment 657553View attachment 657554View attachment 657555View attachment 657556

It is a Sintesi X Wing, catalogues are in the archives on this site. Verlicchi made frames for many manufacturers so you will often see the same frame decaled up as another bike. They make really nice frames, great quality though surprisingly not that desirable.

Price wise i would say, purely because of the frame, around the £200 mark.

And i like the car salesman part about one careful little lady owner 🤣

Anyway, it rides very nice, but a bit too small for me, everything works fast and accurate, and does not have any marks of hard use. So it's in nice overall condition. I just bought it because i found it beautyful. The most interesting thing in my opinion is the mounting of the front derailleur. Also noticeable that its suitable for all three types of brakes.
Btw you can see the Swiss bike insurance stickers from year 2003, 04, 05, 06, and 08. Also visible the damage of the decal on the seatpost at a pretty low height so i think it is true about the little lady. I met the guy and talked to his mom personally, and i have no doubt they were "fair dinkum" ..

Last edited:
The FD mounting is "e-type" front derailleur, not a feature of the frame. I had some (maybe Alivio) that I found quite difficult to set up years ago.

Anyway, nice looking frame, rest of the build is mid-range, I would agree with price suggested above (even though my market differs from Swiss/UK one).

Check out my first pic, it is a feature of the frame. FD is not mounted on the tube, but there is an extra vertical winglet or how you call it on the frame for mounting which i didnt see on other frames. Maybe it is to protect the thin wall of the tube. Frame weight is only 1550 g. Easton Elite is rather a top range material, i think, and Verlicchi logos suggest it was made with pride. I really enjoy just the pics. Maybe it was built for racing purposes, as geometry suggests. Rest of the build is not expensive stuff i know, but i think it is the original kit assembled.

Last edited:
From what I can see there, it is that the FD is mounted on the thing that is attached to the right side bottom bracket cup. The thing is a part of the FD (the e-type one), not the frame. You can have e-type FDs on any frame, here it is nice that there are no signs of regular FD being there before.

Anyway, does it really differ from the X-Wing? Because that is Easton Elite, there are more of them and the frame looks the same. Here, the seller claims this newer version is 1790g and wants 80 for it: https://www.mtbiker.sk/bazar/komponenty/ramy-a-patky/mtb-ramy/xcm-26/420764/ram-sintesi-x-wing.html

Edit: Here Sintesi claims the frame is 1300g, it is actually older version than yours, with more similar graphics: https://dr-marzocchi.projectweb.de/.../Sintesi Catalog 1995/20140710152448_0003.jpg

Last edited:
You are right. My apologies. I just checked out the bike and its not part of the frame, only an attachment. Truly no sign of regular FD mounting.
The X Wing frames are somehow different in decals, placing the Easton plate, and most of them does not have the bridge behind the seatpost for cantis, as i could see. When i found the exact sibling of this frame it was offered for sale at a very high 3000 USD price which made me launch this thread. Since i found that i really spared the bike from giving it to anyone for a ride.
Different from your second link in decals, and the placing of cable mounts. Decals say its a Sintesi Wing (or X-Wing) Special. There is a W and under it a less visible X on them.
This is one with the most similarities or the exact sibling

This is the 3000 dollar baby

Last edited:
The 3000 dollar price tag is slightly optimistic I'm afraid.

Decals change from year to year, your frame is the X Wing as stated and as shown on your decals, the same frame as in the Sintesi catalogues.

If stripped and sold as parts then you may get a bit more, but not much. As i said, I really like the frames Verlicchi make, their mtb and motorcycle frames, but they do not sell for much as they are not as desirable as some others, and the parts you have do not really add any great value to the frame. You may get more than the £200, if a couple of people happen to want that frame, in that size, though I feel you would actually have more chance of selling it as a frame only tbh.

The 3000 dollar price tag is slightly optimistic I'm afraid.

Decals change from year to year, your frame is the X Wing as stated and as shown on your decals, the same frame as in the Sintesi catalogues.

If stripped and sold as parts then you may get a bit more, but not much. As i said, I really like the frames Verlicchi make, their mtb and motorcycle frames, but they do not sell for much as they are not as desirable as some others, and the parts you have do not really add any great value to the frame. You may get more than the £200, if a couple of people happen to want that frame, in that size, though I feel you would actually have more chance of selling it as a frame only tbh.
If it would be my size, i am sure i would keep it and ride it. Maybe replace the Bomber for a more lightweight fork. This size fits other family members, so maybe its the best to keep it and use it. Its fun to ride. Although if someone around 170 cms wants the frame, i am open to sell or trade it, but my purpose was only to set the value just to know what i have, should i let people ride it, or just keep it behind the glass.

I have another frame with the same problem, but i could not even identify that one. Its even more lightweight, and with better parts.
I opened another thread for that bike.

Last edited:
Back